Author Topic: Consumer Safety Commission Walks Back Gas-Stove Threat amid Backlash  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Consumer Safety Commission Walks Back Gas-Stove Threat amid Backlash

By ARI BLAFF
January 11, 2023 11:25 AM
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission chairman Alexander D. Hoehn-Saric issued a statement Wednesday assuring the public that his agency has no intention of banning gas stoves after a commission official drew the ire of the cooking public by suggesting the appliances might be banned in the near future due to the alleged health threat they pose to Americans.

“Over the past several days, there has been a lot of attention paid to gas stove emissions and to the Consumer Product Safety Commission,” Hoehn-Saric wrote in an official statement released Wednesday. “To be clear, I am not looking to ban gas stoves and the CPSC has no proceeding to do so.”

Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. had originally told Bloomberg News that fears over air quality caused by gas stoves was creating “a hidden hazard.”

“Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” Trumka Jr. insisted.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/consumer-safety-commission-walks-back-gas-stove-threat-amid-backlash/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=breaking&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=30219170
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Consumer Safety Commission Walks Back Gas-Stove Threat amid Backlash
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 12:05:35 pm »
"The comments came following Senator Cory Booker (D., N.J.) and Representative Don Beyer (D., Va.) urging the federal agency to investigate the issue due to its allegedly disproportionate impact on black, Latino, and low-income households."

The CSC backs off based on comments from 2 DEMOCRAT Senators?  I think not. The race card, maybe.  But, to me, it looks like collus, er, a "joint effort" to make those two look like heroes: a false flag. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson