Author Topic: How Blue State Election Official Responds to DACA Recipient Proclaiming, ‘We Are Voting’  (Read 102 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How Blue State Election Official Responds to DACA Recipient Proclaiming, ‘We Are Voting’
Fred Lucas / @FredLucasWH / January 24, 2023

"Our office has no indication that noncitizen voting is a problem in Minnesota or nationally,” says a spokesperson for Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon, pictured Nov. 3, 2020, as he listens to volunteers while voting at a community center in Minneapolis. (Photo: Kerem Yucel/AFP/Getty Images)

After a self-identified noncitizen told the Minnesota state legislators, “We are voting,” the state’s top election official insisted that noncitizen voting isn’t a problem.

“Our office has no indication that noncitizen voting is a problem in Minnesota or nationally,” Cassondra Knudson, deputy communications director for Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon, told The Daily Signal in an email Monday.

Simon, a Democrat, asked the Minnesota Legislature to pass bills this year to provide for automatic voter registration, to restore voting rights to felons, and to preregister 16- and 17-year-olds to vote.

“Between 2018 and 2021, only 62 adults were convicted of voting-related crimes in Minnesota, including voting while ineligible, registering while ineligible, or registering with the intent to vote in more than one precinct, according to the Minnesota judicial branch,” Knudson told The Daily Signal.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/01/24/we-are-voting-minnesota-unconcerned-about-noncitizens-casting-ballots-despite-daca-recipients-testimony/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson