Author Topic: NYC Mayor Offers the Wrong Answers to His City’s Migrant Crisis  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Offers the Wrong Answers to His City’s Migrant Crisis

Adams should seek common cause, not hurl epithets and offer poorly reasoned ‘solutions’ that will just make things worse

By Andrew R. Arthur on January 24, 2023

In an opinion piece in the Washington Post last week, New York City Mayor Eric Adams detailed his city’s recent struggles in dealing with an influx of migrants who entered the United States illegally over the Southwest border. After Adams aptly identified the problems associated with illegal immigration, he then veered into name-calling, but most problematically, the solutions he offered are not only wrong — some don’t even make sense. Seeking common cause with those on the other side of the border issue would better serve his residents, and his office.

“Biden’s Border Fiasco”, in Brief. When he first entered office, Joe Biden inherited what his first Border Patrol chief, Rodney Scott, described in September 2021 as “arguably the most effective border security in” U.S. history. As Scott explained, however, control rapidly disintegrated as “border security recommendations from experienced career professionals” were “ignored and stymied by inexperienced political employees”.

The results were quickly apparent as agents at the Southwest border set a new yearly record for apprehensions in FY 2021 (when nearly 1.66 million illegal entrants were caught by the Border Patrol, most in the months following the inauguration), a record they easily broke in FY 2022, when agents made more than 2.2 million migrant apprehensions.

FY 2023 could be worse, with agents catching more than 633,000 illegal entrants there between just October and December.

https://cis.org/Arthur/NYC-Mayor-Offers-Wrong-Answers-His-Citys-Migrant-Crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: NYC Mayor Offers the Wrong Answers to His City’s Migrant Crisis
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 10:09:02 pm »
David Dinkins II...