Author Topic: COS Poll: Just 14% Favor Universal Illegal Migrant Amnesty  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
COS Poll: Just 14% Favor Universal Illegal Migrant Amnesty
« on: January 24, 2023, 05:47:09 pm »
COS Poll: Just 14% Favor Universal Illegal Migrant Amnesty
(Newsmax)
By Charles Kim    |   Tuesday, 24 January 2023 10:27 AM EST

Just 14% of Americans favor full amnesty and citizenship for illegal migrants who are either in the country illegally, or are having their cases reviewed for political asylum, according to a new Convention of States/Trafalgar poll published Tuesday.

While 14% favor amnesty and citizenship for both groups and another 15% support it only for those seeking political asylum, a 59.5% majority believe that neither group should be given amnesty and that those denied political asylum and those illegally in the country should be returned to their respective home nations, according to the poll.

The survey of 1,079 American likely general election voters was conducted by the Trafalgar Group from Jan. 9-12 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9%.

"While Democrats continue to pander to Hispanics and pretend, they want open borders and mass illegal immigration, the data overwhelmingly shows that they, as American citizens, want illegal immigrants expelled from the country. And while it is the Biden Administration's responsibility to secure the border and expel those trying to enter illegally–and it has utterly failed to do so for two years–the new Congress has the ability to exercise vigorous oversight and put heat on the White House. Clearly, such oversight has the strong backing of voters," Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States said in a press release announcing the poll's findings. "But our numbers also point out that voters desire immediate action from their state and local officials, and will not tolerate 'blame Washington' rhetoric without substantive local action.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cbp-illegal-migrants/2023/01/24/id/1105673/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: COS Poll: Just 14% Favor Universal Illegal Migrant Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 05:48:41 pm »
This means absolutely nothing to the Biden Administration; they don't believe in government of the people. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson