Author Topic: Iowa lawmakers approve universal school choice bill championed by Gov. Kim Reynolds  (Read 495 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Both chambers of the Iowa Legislature passed legislation to create an education savings account for all K-12 students early Tuesday, priming the Hawkeye State to become the second state to enact a universal school choice program.

The legislation, championed by Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA), passed the state House on a 54-45 vote and the state Senate on a 31-18 vote.

Under the provisions of the legislation, which now heads to Reynolds's desk for her signature, all K-12 students will be afforded over $7,000 each year by 2025 through an education savings account that can be used to cover all sorts of education-related expenses, including private school tuition. Reynolds may sign the bill as soon as Tuesday.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/iowa-approves-universal-school-choice-bill
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It must be a good thing if only for  Teacher Unions and the Iowa rat party being opposed to it!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Both chambers of the Iowa Legislature passed legislation to create an education savings account for all K-12 students early Tuesday, priming the Hawkeye State to become the second state to enact a universal school choice program.

The legislation, championed by Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA), passed the state House on a 54-45 vote and the state Senate on a 31-18 vote.

Under the provisions of the legislation, which now heads to Reynolds's desk for her signature, all K-12 students will be afforded over $7,000 each year by 2025 through an education savings account that can be used to cover all sorts of education-related expenses, including private school tuition. Reynolds may sign the bill as soon as Tuesday.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/iowa-approves-universal-school-choice-bill

:yowsa: Money needs to follow students not institutions!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 24, 2023 1:19pm EST
Iowa Gov Kim Reynolds signs historic school choice bill: 'We will fund students not systems'
Iowa is third state to pass school choice measure that expands to every student in state

By Joshua Q. Nelson | Fox News

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed an unprecedented school choice bill called the Students First Act on Tuesday, allowing any Iowa student to use public money to pay for private school tuition or other expenses.

"For the first time, we will fund students not systems!" Reynolds said on Twitter.

"Parents, not the government, can now choose the education setting best suited to their child regardless of their income or zip code. Iowa has affirmed that educational freedom belongs to all!"

https://twitter.com/IAGovernor/status/1617770942742290432

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-signs-historic-school-choice-bill-we-will-fund-students-not-systems
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Arkansas and Iowa done, now 48 more (55 if you are Obama).
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright