Author Topic: Republicans, It’s Time To Get Our Act Together On Early And Mail-In Voting  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans, It’s Time To Get Our Act Together On Early And Mail-In Voting
By: Scott R. Presler
January 24, 2023

The Republican Party must mobilize a national early and mail-in voting strategy in key states to be competitive in 2024.

For months leading up to the 2022 midterm election, pundits with crystal balls emphatically declared, “The red wave is coming!” To their credit, a perfect storm was brewing: The party out of power historically performs well during a midterm. President Joe Biden’s approval rating was underwater, and working-class families were suffering from the highest inflation rate in more than 40 years. Nonetheless, Republicans only won a narrow majority in the House and lost a Senate seat in Pennsylvania.

What turned the supposed red tsunami into a scarlet trickle? Simply put, the Republican Party failed to adopt a national early and mail-in voting strategy. If Republicans utilized in-person early voting and mail-in voting in Arizona, as they did in Florida, then Kari Lake would almost certainly be governor today.

Since 2020, election integrity has been a top concern for voters. While the general consensus was that Republicans should vote in person on Election Day, this backfired disastrously in 2022: An hour into the election, an estimated 30 percent of Maricopa County polling locations reported problems with machines. Conservative voters who had waited until the last day to cast their ballots were disenfranchised in the ensuing confusion. Ultimately, Lake lost by a mere 17,000 votes. If Republicans had voted early, then they would not have experienced these problems, would have been able to get more Republicans to the polls, and, most importantly, would have won.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/01/24/republicans-its-time-to-get-our-act-together-on-early-and-mail-in-voting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Duh.  It's long past time for that.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Great, but it doesn't help much if they can just slip votes into the stack.

Cleaning up the voter rolls should be the first priority.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Great, but it doesn't help much if they can just slip votes into the stack.

Cleaning up the voter rolls should be the first priority.

That and ensuring chain of custody is maintained throughout!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Duh.  It's long past time for that.

:yowsa:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

And we got Arizona as the perfect example of exactly how to do it wrong.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

That too!  :thumbsup:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've posted this before and will do so again.

Whether or not Republicans start "mailing in" their votes, or voting early, WILL CHANGE NOTHING in their favor.

That's because Republicans think this will make the voting process more fair and balanced, since the overwhelming majority of Republican voters utilize the system legitimately.

This is NOT how the dem-communists work. For them, mail-in ballots and early voting provide vectors for rigging and controlling elections. For cheating.

If anything, Republicans mailing in their votes early will come back to HURT them, because the dem-communist "election apparatus" will be able to get a better, earlier handle on how many votes they need to "manufacture" to control the election. It will make the business of cheating EASIER.

No.
What did Mr. Lenin have to say about capitalists and rope?

The only path ahead for Republicans that makes sense -- at least in the red states and perhaps in the purple ones where they still retain control over legislatures -- is to RESIST ALL attempts to implement early voting and mail-in ballots.

Otherwise, they're just handing to their enemies (note that I no longer refer to the dem-coms as the opposing party, but rather as "the enemy") "the rope" with which the dem-coms will use to conquer us.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:36:17 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The democrats have cornered mail in voting.  Rather than trying to elbow our way into the game, why not try and stop what they do?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The democrats have cornered mail in voting.  Rather than trying to elbow our way into the game, why not try and stop what they do?

:yowsa: That's the ONLY way to fix the problem.

- J. R. R. Tolkien