Author Topic: Thanks, Los Angeles Times and The Seattle Times, for Admitting Recent California Weather is Not Unus  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thanks, Los Angeles Times and The Seattle Times, for Admitting Recent California Weather is Not Unusual
By Linnea Lueken -January 23, 20230

The Los Angeles Times and The Seattle Times posted articles reporting that scientists are acknowledging recent weather conditions on the west coast, including swings from drought to atmospheric rivers causing flooding, are natural for the region. This is true, and demonstrates an accurate understanding of historical records for the state.

Unfortunately, amidst the factual reporting, the paper could not resist asserting extreme weather events will become more common or worse in the future due to climate change. Trend data does not support such claims.

Writer Louis Sahagún’s story, carried in both papers, discusses recent west coast weather “swings” with the official climatologist of California and other scientists. The scientists interviewed said such weather events have been common historically, as Sahagún writes:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/01/thanks-los-angeles-times-and-the-seattle-times-for-admitting-recent-california-weather-is-not-unusual/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson