Author Topic: Record Agricultural Yields Should Allay Climate Fear  (Read 270 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Record Agricultural Yields Should Allay Climate Fear
« on: January 24, 2023, 02:28:24 pm »
Record Agricultural Yields Should Allay Climate Fear
4 hours ago Guest Blogger 8 Comments
By Vijay Jayaraj

Countries all over the world are surpassing previous records for production of food crops. This is good news that stands in stark contrast to the apocalyptic picture that the media paints daily in reports on climate and weather.

Because food is fundamental to human survival, even a slight increase in its price can significantly affect millions – even billions – of people. “When food fails, everything fails,” said Geraldine Matchett, Co-Chair of the CEO Alliance on Food, Nature and Health.

So, it is not surprising that the purveyors of fear present climate change as the biggest threat to the world’s food security. Endlessly recycled articles and TV programs constantly peddle the misinformation that a supposedly dangerously warming Earth poses a risk to crops or is already destroying them.

However, in the real world, data show historically high crop production all over the globe. This is because climate change has aided in the proliferation of food crops, as well as other vegetation. Abundant harvests continue to affirm this. As in previous years, 2023 is expected to produce records for agricultural production in many countries.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/24/record-agricultural-yields-should-allay-climate-fear/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Record Agricultural Yields Should Allay Climate Fear
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 02:29:41 pm »
Green terrorists never let facts get in the way of prophecies of gloom and doom. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 03:45:11 pm »
Bad news ... Environ-whackos are now on a crusade/jihad against chemical fertilizers ... if the Greens get their way, crop yields will drop and humanity will starve ... for the children and the polar bears.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 03:55:17 pm »
Bad news ... Environ-whackos are now on a crusade/jihad against chemical fertilizers ... if the Greens get their way, crop yields will drop and humanity will starve ... for the children and the polar bears.

Yup.  All one need do is take a cursory look at the consequences Sri Lanka suffered:  https://reason.com/2022/09/07/when-sri-lanka-banned-synthetic-fertilizers-the-country-imploded/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 06:12:22 pm »
Yup.  All one need do is take a cursory look at the consequences Sri Lanka suffered:  https://reason.com/2022/09/07/when-sri-lanka-banned-synthetic-fertilizers-the-country-imploded/

They didn't starve, they were "peacefully" starved! :whistle:
Thomas Jefferson