Author Topic: Schumer calls for FTC probe into marketing of ‘JR-15’ gun toward ‘smaller enthusiasts’  (Read 511 times)

Offline Kamaji

Schumer calls for FTC probe into marketing of ‘JR-15’ gun toward ‘smaller enthusiasts’

By David Propper and Reuven Fenton
January 22, 2023

US Sen. Chuck Schumer said an Illinois-based gun manufacturer could be breaking the law for peddling a smaller and lighter version of an AR-15 aimed at an audience of children.

The Senate Majority Leader called Sunday for a federal investigation into WEE1 Tactical’s marketing and advertising of a “JR-15″ that includes statements from the company that the weapon is “geared towards smaller enthusiasts.”

The company’s website also shows a small child operating the weapon with an adult, Schumer pointed out.

Schumer’s calls for the Federal Trade Commission to get involved comes after ten people were killed by gunfire in California over the weekend during a mass shooting at a dance club.

“The last thing we need to be doing is shrinking deadly weapons of war and marketing them to young children,” Schumer, a Democrat, said in a statement.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/schumer-calls-for-ftc-probe-into-marketing-of-jr-15-gun/

Offline Kamaji

"deadly weapons of war"

:facepalm2:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Good grief, as parents I never started my kid off on a 12 gauge shotgun.... 22 then 9mm then bigger stuff. Nothing wrong at all pointing out the usefulness of smaller calibers. Heck, one of the drawing points of smaller caliber stuff is as I get older I also don't care to shoot some of the bigger things as often.

Go suck an egg Schumer... you are probable one of the few that can afford to buy a dozen of them now anyways.

It is a freaking semi-auto 22 just like billions of other 22s. Screw you Schumer, it is a freaking tiny projectile, and only the past 50 years have they been marketed as a good gun for kids to learn on. You just don't like "black" anything...

Perhaps you really hate guns marketed to women too...

It is no smaller than the Plinkster or Cricket 22s that have been around for ages. But is is "BLlaccckkk" and scary.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 12:25:02 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Good grief, as parents I never started my kid off on a 12 gauge shotgun.... 22 then 9mm then bigger stuff. Nothing wrong at all pointing out the usefulness of smaller calibers. Heck, one of the drawing points of smaller caliber stuff is as I get older I also don't care to shoot some of the bigger things as often.

Where I come from, you don't get nothing bigger than a .22LR till you can bark a squirrel and dot a grouse right in the eye.

And I am STILL of a mind to use a .22 against any number of varmints... Especially ground hogs, which makes for a hella good day with the grands...  :beer: :seeya:

Offline verga

But upChuckie thinks drag Queen story hour at public libraries is fine!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.