Author Topic: BREAKING: FBI official who investigated Trump ties to Russia was just arrested for illegal ties to R  (Read 1677 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
BREAKING: FBI official who investigated Trump ties to Russia was just arrested for illegal ties to Russian oligarch

On Saturday afternoon, former FBI agent Charles McGonigal, who was head of counterintelligence in the New York Field Office and a part of the investigation into supposed ties between Trump and Russia, was arrested over his alleged ties to Russia.

CBS reports that McGonigal was arrested over "his ties to Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire who has been sanctioned by the United States and criminally charged last year with violating those sanctions."

As Business Insider reports, McGonigal "was involved in the investigation into the Trump campaign's contacts with Russia during the 2016 election."

Michael Driscoll, the FBI assistant director in charge, said in a statement, "The FBI is committed to the enforcement of economic sanctions designed to protect the United States and our allies, especially against hostile activities of a foreign government and its actors."

"Russian oligarchs like Oleg Deripaska perform global malign influence on behalf of the Kremlin and are associated with acts of bribery, extortion, and violence," Driscoll said. "As alleged, Mr. McGonigal and Mr. Shestakov, both U.S. citizens, acted on behalf of Deripaska and fraudulently used a U.S. entity to obscure their activity in violation of U.S. sanctions. After sanctions are imposed, they must be enforced equally against all U.S. citizens in order to be successful. There are no exceptions for anyone, including a former FBI official like Mr. McGonigal."

Sergey Shestakov, a court interpreter who assisted in investigating Russian oligarchs for the FBI, was also arrested Saturday for his ties to Deripaska.

54-year-old McGonigal, who retired in 2018, was arrested at JFK airport after arriving in the US from Sri Lanka.

McGoniga "is charged with violating US sanctions by trying to get Deripaska off the sanctions list," reports CBS.

According to the DOJ, in 2021 McGonigal and Shestakov agreed to investigate a Russian rival of Deripaska and allegedly received payments for their efforts. They are accused of forging signatures and receiving their funds from Deripaska through shell companies.

They're facing money laundering charges. "Each of four counts carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison," reports CBS.

excerpt, rest at link above
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow...  A living breathing gas light.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

And the hits just keep on comin'!
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yowza.

And CBS, no less.  I smell a rat,...or a distraction.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fmr. top FBI official arrested for Russian oligarch ties
FBI agent. (FBI/Released)
JANUARY 23, 2023 JUSTIN COOPER

A former top FBI official has been arrested and charged with four crimes over his connections to a Russian oligarch sanctioned by the U.S.

Charles McGonigal, a 54-year-old former special agent in charge of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division in New York, was arrested Saturday evening, according to the Justice Department. He’s facing four charges, including money laundering, for covertly providing services to the oligarch Oleg Deripaska, violating U.S. sanctions.

Sergey Shestakov, a Russian interpreter, is facing the same four charges and an additional count of making false statements during an FBI interview.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/01/fmr-top-fbi-official-arrested-for-russian-oligarch-ties/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 January 23, 2023 1:00pm EST
Retired top FBI counterintelligence agent who led Trump-Russia probe arrested for own ties to Russian oligarch
Charles McGonigal charged with breaking US sanctions against Russia oligarch Oleg Deripaska, money laundering

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A former senior FBI counterintelligence official who spearheaded the Trump-Russia probe was arrested and charged over his own alleged ties to a sanctioned Russian oligarch amid the war in Ukraine.

Charles McGonigal, the former Special Agent in Charge of FBI’s Counterintelligence Division in New York, who retired in 2018, is accused of violating U.S. sanctions by agreeing to provide services to Oleg Deripaska, a sanctioned Russian oligarch. He is charged alongside Sergey Shestakov, a former Soviet and Russian diplomat who later became a U.S. citizen and a Russian interpreter for courts and government offices, through a five-count indictment unsealed in Manhattan federal court Monday.

McGonigal and Shestakov both were arrested Saturday. The indictment is a rare move by federal prosecutors to bring charges against a senior former FBI official before a federal grand jury.

Though not referenced in or related to the indictment, McGonigal, while serving as chief of the cybercrimes section at FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C., was one of the first bureau officials to learn of allegations George Papadopoulos, a campaign adviser for Donald Trump, boasted that he knew Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton, launching the investigation into alleged Russian election interference known as Operation Crossfire Hurricane.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/retired-top-fbi-counterintelligence-agent-led-trump-russia-probe-arrested-own-ties-russian-oligarch

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Ha ha, I love Russia, Russia, Russia collusion in the morning. It smells like vindication.
ALX 🇺🇸
@alx
BREAKING: Former Top FBI Counterintelligence Agent Charles McGonigal, who led the Trump-Russia probe, arrested for aiding a Russian oligarch in violation of U.S. sanctions and money laundering.
2:13 PM · Jan 23, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Hillary Clinton's campaign paid a British spy who worked with a Russian agent to create the Steele Dossier and the FBI official investigating Trump for Russian collusion was himself colluding with Russia.

12:32 PM · Jan 23, 2023

***suicide***

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

I'm just going to repeat this for the people in back

An FBI official who investigated Trump for illegal ties to Russia but found none has just been arrested for his own illegal ties to Russia

Internalize this

12:16 PM · Jan 23, 2023

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Monday, January 23, 2023

Charles McGonigal allegedly tried to help a Russian oligarch get off the sanctions list…an oligarch who came up quite a bit in the probe. WEIRD.

Charles McGonigal, the former FBI official in the counterintelligence division, faces charges of violating the U.S. sanctions on Russia by trying to help an oligarch get off the sanctions list.

The indictment accuses McGonigal and court interpreter Sergey Shestakov “of with violating and conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (“IEEPA”) and with conspiring to commit money laundering and money laundering.”

The Washington Free Beacon mentioned, “McGonigal was one of the first individuals at the FBI to learn that a Trump campaign adviser had discussed Hillary Clinton’s emails with a foreign diplomat.” That conversation sparked the FBI investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to win the 2016 campaign.

The oligarch McGonigal allegedly tried to help, Oleg Deripaska, came up in the Trump investigation due to his relationship with Paul Manafort since they shared “business dealings in Ukraine and maintained contact during the 2016 campaign.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/01/former-fbi-official-who-worked-on-trump-russia-probe-charged-with-violating-u-s-sanctions-on-russia/

Offline verga

Un Freaking believable
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They ALWAYS accuse you of what they, themselves, are doing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile

So basically Trump was the only guy without ties to Russia during the 2016 election.

8:25 PM · Jan 23, 2023

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile
So basically Trump was the only guy without ties to Russia during the 2016 election.
8:25 PM · Jan 23, 2023
Pretty much.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Ex-FBI official Charles McGonigal worked for more than one Russian billionaire
By Lisa Fickenscher   
January 26, 2023 6:15pm
Charles McGonigal — the former FBI official who has been arrested and indicted by US authorities over his ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska – has quietly spent the past year working for another Russian-born billionaire, The Post has learned.

Aman Resorts, a five-star hotel chain owned by Vladislav Doronin – a martial-arts-trained property magnate who has been branded “Russia’s answer to Donald Trump” – hired McGonigal in the spring of 2022 for a high-dollar job as director of security for Aman’s 34 locations around the world, according to sources with direct knowledge of the situation.

Indeed, sources speculated that when McGonigal was arrested at JFK Airport on Saturday he was returning from a business trip in Sri Lanka, where Aman operates a pair of swanky hotels.

Sources said McGonigal worked for Aman out of New York City, where the company opened its first property in August on Fifth Avenue and 57th Street in the former Crown building, quickly earning the reputation as the most expensive property in the Big Apple with room rates starting at $2,400 per night.  ...
NY Post

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ex-FBI official Charles McGonigal worked for more than one Russian billionaire
By Lisa Fickenscher   
January 26, 2023 6:15pm NY Post

It gives me no pleasure to say it, but our federal government is completely FUBAR. Top to bottom.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
It gives me no pleasure to say it, but our federal government is completely FUBAR. Top to bottom.

Utterly corrupt.  And we are pretty much helpless to do a damned thing about it.

Online mountaineer

revisited reevell
@codyave
19h
"[McGonigal] was one of—there were many, but he was one of—the original people to [forward the Downer tip to the FBI]. Now why, why did Charlie have knowledge of George Papadopoulos? I, I have no freaking idea. And somebody I'm sure is looking at that." https://t.co/szUeNp3bBA

2:52 PM · Jan 26, 2023

Online mountaineer

The FBI agent arrested for receiving bribes from Russian oligarchs also ran the unit that may have investigated R. Hunter Biden's activities with a Chinese spy. https://nypost.com/2023/01/25/kids-link-hunter-biden-wife-of-fbi-agent-charles-mcgonigal-tied-to-oligarch/
... The emails connecting McGonigal and Hunter Biden through their daughters’ lacrosse activities were first reported by the right-wing Marco Polo USA research group.

Charles McGonigal — who’s accused of taking illegal payments from a Russian oligarch and a former Albanian spy — is also linked to Biden through the FBI’s investigation of Chi Ping Patrick Ho, who was arrested by agents at JFK Airport on Nov. 18, 2017.

At the time, McGonigal was the special agent in charge of the Counterintelligence Division for the New York Field Office and court records show some evidence against Ho came “from electronic surveillance and physical search conducted pursuant to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.” ...

Ho’s bust came just weeks after he and Biden struck a $1 million deal for Biden to provide “counsel to matters related to US law and advice pertaining to the hiring and legal analysis of any US Law Firm or Lawyer,” as first reported by The Post in October 2020.

Shortly after Ho was arrested, court records show, he placed a phone call to Biden’s uncle, James Biden, who in 2018 told the New York Times he believed Ho was trying to reach his nephew and passed along Hunter Biden’s contact information.

Ho was convicted of bribing top officials in Chad and Uganda on behalf of the CEFC China Energy Co. and was deported to Hong Kong in June 2020 after serving a three-year prison sentence. ...

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
RUSSIA HOAX: FBI Personnel Investigating Trump for “Working for Russia” were WORKING FOR RUSSIA
By Pamela Geller - on August 8, 2023

Just when you thought you’d heard everything….

A once-respected figure within the FBI, was indicted earlier this year on a series of charges, including violating US sanctions, conspiracy, and money laundering. These charges are linked to his work in 2021 with Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, a figure who was sanctioned for his alleged role in interfering in the 2016 US presidential election.

Happening Now: Former FBI agent Charles McGonigal is expected to plead guilty to working for a Russian Oligarch. This is the same agent who started the entire “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation into Trumps team when he sent an email about George Papadopoulos having dirt on Hillary! He played a crucial role into the investigation of Trump and the Special Counsel led by Robert Mueller. Now we’re learning he worked secretly for a Russian the entire time. Is anyone surprised how corrupt our DOJ is? They always blame Trump for what they’re actually doing

https://gellerreport.com/2023/08/russia-hoax-fbi-personnel-investigating-trump-for-working-for-russia-were-working-for-russia.html/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Mod2