Author Topic: As Whales Wash Up Dead, Enviros Quietly Sounded The Alarm On Offshore Wind  (Read 362 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI ON JAN 23, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

As Whales Wash Up Dead, Enviros Quietly Sounded The Alarm On Offshore Wind

beached whale atlanticAs whales were washing up dead on the northeastern coast of the U.S., a conservation group quietly sounded the alarm to Senate Democrats that the development of offshore wind farms might need to “cease” to protect an endangered species of whales from “extinction,” according to a letter exclusively obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation. [emphasis, links added]

On Dec. 20 the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) — an endangered species advocacy group — sent a letter to 50 Democratic senators warning them that offshore wind development might put North Atlantic right whales in danger.

The letter was sent after a last-minute provision was added to the fiscal year 2023 omnibus spending bill, which would allow lobster fisheries to avoid stricter environmental regulations.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/as-whales-wash-up-dead-enviros-quietly-sounded-the-alarm-on-offshore-wind/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Nothing comes without a cost.  The question is, which gives the best cost/benefit result.  So far, my vote is for oil, gas, and nuclear over so-called renewables.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If whales are going to die, we should not let them go to waste.  We should render their blubber for oil and their teeth and bones for scrimshaw.

A whale oil lamp can illuminate my scrimshaw at night, unlike solar.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:15:47 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When they take our fossil fuels, there will be no replacement, because the environuts will shut down any delvelopment.

The endgame of this Green fantasy is human depopulation.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji wrote:
"So far, my vote is for oil, gas, and nuclear over so-called renewables."

You left out ... coal.

Coal - power generation
Natural gas - home heating, cooking, industrial usage, supplemental (emergency) power generation
Oil - fuel products, industrial usage
Nuclear - power generation

The most plentiful resource is coal. It will be used (eventually).

Also needed:
Laws (starting at the state level) to codify and protect the right to extract and use energy.
See this brief post:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,487399.msg2756706.html#msg2756706

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Coal is made from plants ... like fake meat (aka industrially processed pea slurry) ... so, it has to be good and better for the planet like everything else made from plants.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright