Author Topic: The California Drought is Over. Definitively.  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The California Drought is Over. Definitively.
« on: January 23, 2023, 04:25:10 pm »
January 19, 2023

The California Drought is Over. Definitively.

After over a month of torrential rain and massive mountain snow, the drought is over in California.

Yet with all the liquid bounty, some in the media and elsewhere don't want to give up on it, as noted in the NY Times headline below.

And the U.S Drought Monitor has severe drought over much of the state.

I believe the evidence for the end of California drought is quite overwhelming. But consider the facts found below and decide for yourself.
Reservoirs and Snowpack

Let us start with the most critical measure of drought...the total water storage in the reservoirs plus the water that will be available from the snowpack (see below).

It is now WAY above normal. 

In fact, the total water available right now is greater than normally available in April after months of additional precipitation.

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/01/the-california-drought-is-over.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The California Drought is Over. Definitively.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 04:27:05 pm »
Doesn't such a bold assertion have to be approved by either Greta Thunberg or St. Algore before it is recognized as scientific fact? :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson