Author Topic: 63% of Americans support the idea of new stimulus checks to combat inflation  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Good lord look what liberals have done.  Turn us into a welfare state.

Even with inflation easing, rising interest rates and labor shortages have many experts and economists concerned about a looming recession.

With all this uncertainty, what is clear is that American households are struggling and could use some extra support right now.

A poll done by Newsweek shows 63% of Americans support a new round of stimulus checks from the federal government to combat inflation.

https://news.yahoo.com/63-americans-support-idea-stimulus-110000692.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Are we sure this isn't the Babylon Bee?

Offline andy58-in-nh

So the government printing money will combat inflation.... how?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Come on man.  You've got to remember that these people taking the poll are just simple folk. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West.......

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
633% of Americans support replacing water with kerosene in fighting fires.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Makes as much sense as ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline andy58-in-nh

Come on man.  You've got to remember that these people taking the poll are just simple folk. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West.......

"You know... morons..."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Lando Lincoln

That would be...

demented.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
The timing of this seems to accelerate, as our society leeches get more brazen and entitlement driven.

I am ready....  I hope everyone else here is too!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:38:16 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
tell me that 63% of the respondents to this poll were educated in the public school system without saying they were educated in the public school system. I don't know what is scarier that the public is so financially clueless or that Yellen has the same financial outlook as the people that responded positively to the poll question.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Is there anyone who is still puzzled about how and why this happened to start with?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is there anyone who is still puzzled about how and why this happened to start with?

Nope! I never doubted what would happen when we allowed the gooberment to create money backed by nothing out of thin air. 

Kinda like when you give your sixteen year old the keys to your Corvette and a bottle of whiskey.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Remember when we were children, when being on government aid or support was an embarassment for those familes seeing that level of problem?

Back then, families were the safety net.  Now it is the norm to rely on Uncle Sugar.  And the masses want more, and more, and more.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:15:07 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Exactly.

Hey, it worked for Zimbabwe, and Venezuela!

Oh wait...
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Remember when we were children, when being on government aid or support was an embarassment for those familes seeing that level of problem?

@catfish1957

"Embarrassment" ????

It was nothing less than shameful. Even the children knew better than to admit they were on gooberment aid;

Offline Wingnut

"You know... morons..."
at least 3 generations of them now have been born and bred.  On top of the ones who already walk amongst us.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Most of that support is due to the abysmal economic education people receive in this country. All things are subject to supply and demand - even money - and making supply more plentiful relative to some other item is only going to decrease it's value.

The problem is the Marxist god complex of our infiltrated institutions treating money like it's magical fairy dust that the govt can declare to be of such and such value, and spend or print at will to create beautiful rainbows and unicorns. The result is the poll this article refers to.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
at least 3 generations of them now have been born and bred.  On top of the ones who already walk amongst us.

:yowsa: Working on the fourth generation of those who have never known anything other than welfare checks.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

So, assuming this poll is correct, 63% want money to be printed to help them deal with inflation which will cause higher inflation which they will want more money to be printed to help deal with inflation which will cause inflation which……
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Back in 2012, when Romney was the candidate, it was said that he slipped up when he spoke of "the 47%".

Seems like the size of that cohort has increased considerably since then...

Online berdie

Most of that support is due to the abysmal economic education people receive in this country. All things are subject to supply and demand - even money - and making supply more plentiful relative to some other item is only going to decrease it's value.

The problem is the Marxist god complex of our infiltrated institutions treating money like it's magical fairy dust that the govt can declare to be of such and such value, and spend or print at will to create beautiful rainbows and unicorns. The result is the poll this article refers to.

I agree. It has to do with education. Most people just think "it comes from the government" with no thought of where the government gets it's money. Maybe many don't pay taxes themselves so they are understandably ignorant. And many don't understand how inflation works.

Online berdie

Back in 2012, when Romney was the candidate, it was said that he slipped up when he spoke of "the 47%".

Seems like the size of that cohort has increased considerably since then...

That was actually one of the first things that crossed my mind. :laugh:

Offline EdinVA

When the answer to all questions is money, those that want power will supply the answer.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Free Vulcan

Kinda agree,and kinda disagree. The international bankers know EXACTLY what they are doing,and at the moment they NEED a Marxist government to take over in order for the economy to completely collapse so they can do just like they did during the "Great Depression". Namely,buy foreclosed property as a dime,or less,on the dollar and then lease it out to keep the payments coming until the time is "right" to "restore financial stability". They will then sell what that bought at a dime on the dollar for more than the original appraised value before the economy collapsed.

They seem to do this every 75 to 100 years.

Unless we are willing to try and convict the bastards for treason and hang them,they will continue doin't this.

And why not? It us the equivalent of having a license to print money.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:03:38 am by sneakypete »