Author Topic: Bride Doesn’t Include Wedding Dinner Price In Her Wedding Invites, Is Surprised To See Many Guests C  (Read 1016 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

BoredPanda
By Liucija Adomaite and Kotryna Brašiškytė
10 month ago

It’s entirely up to the newlyweds what their most awaited day in life is gonna be like. But often, they do surprise their guests and not necessarily in a good way with the decisions they make. Like, asking their guests after they already RSVPed to pay for their meals and not understanding why the guests suddenly feel uncomfortable.

Well, this is exactly what happened to one anonymous guest who “received the most beautiful wedding invitation and responded well before the deadline with our choice for dinner and space for two.” The author wrote that a couple of days later, they received a follow-up voice message thanking them for responding and asking them to pay $75 per food per person.

Now the confused guest wants to ask people if “anyone has heard of this happening?” adding that this is not a destination wedding.

(more)
https://www.boredpanda.com/bride-reveals-dinner-fee-after-wedding-guests-rsvp/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Forget the wedding - the marriage will be hell. Get out while you can, bridegroom!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I never heard of such a thing!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You either pay! or don't come!
hmm it's a toss up, i'm thinking about it umm ... give me a minute ...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Noticed this was 5 years ago... but I guess the subject is timeless... I guess I would decline but offer to pay for one person that couldn't afford it to attend (cheaper than paying for wife and me). Just as a matter of politeness... if they were close kin. No gift, nothing else. We are on the poor end ourselves and our wedding was done on a shoestring at a local church with the decor done by family. Dad hosted a dinner at a local steakhouse. I wouldn't change a thing. Live within your means and don't put on airs. We even cut our honeymoon short cause we couldn't justify the costs when we have home improvements that were needed.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:02:28 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Noticed this was 5 years ago... but I guess the subject is timeless... I guess I would decline but offer to pay for one person that couldn't afford it to attend (cheaper than paying for wife and me). Just as a matter of politeness... if they were close kin. No gift, nothing else. We are on the poor end ourselves and our wedding was done on a shoestring at a local church with the decor done by family. Dad hosted a dinner at a local steakhouse. I wouldn't change a thing. Live within your means and don't put on airs. We even cut our honeymoon short cause we couldn't justify the costs when we have home improvements that were needed.
That is true. Did not notice the 4 years ago post. I just saw it today. But yes, the is idea is timeless.

Online Hoodat

Typically, the bride's parents foot the bill for the wedding and reception.  It's possible that she does not have stellar family support.  But she should also act accordingly.  There's nothing wrong with having a crawfish boil in place of a formal meal.

When I got married, we held the reception dinner the night before the wedding.  Best decision ever.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

I paid for our wedding  and couldn't afford a sit down dinner. We had hors d'oeuvres and cookies in the church fellowship hall. Oh, the horror!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Next time (and I bet there will be a next time), may I suggest eloping?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There’s a show on TV called “Bridezillas”

It’s something I can’t understand. People think this is the best day of their lives, but I’ve been told the birth of their first child tops this.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I paid for our wedding  and couldn't afford a sit down dinner. We had hors d'oeuvres and cookies in the church fellowship hall. Oh, the horror!
I've been to weddings like that, and they tend to be a lot of fun.  Been to some where the families cooked and served the food, etc..

You spend what you can afford, and the wedding gifts usually more than pay for the cost of the wedding anyway.  This bride may have had a strategy of inviting people, asking them to pay for their meal, but still expecting them to give a gift if they end up declining.

Be pretty funny to offer them a gift but ask them to pay for it.