Author Topic: Gunman Still on the Loose After Ten Killed in Los Angeles-area City Mass Shooting  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
10 people have died at a mass shooting at a Lunar New Year celebration in California, police have confirmed.
Police said 10 people have also been injured in the Monterey Park shooting.
Monterey Park has a mostly Asian population, with 65.6% of people identifying as Asian, according to police data.
Ten people have died at a mass shooting during a Lunar New Year celebration in Monterey Park, California, the Los Angeles Sherrif Department has told Insider.

Ten people have also been injured in the attack, the department said.

https://www.insider.com/monterey-park-mass-shooting-at-chinese-new-year-celebration-in-la-reports-2023-1
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Story broke about an hour ago. How very sad

Happy New Year to all who are Rabbits here.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
10 dead in shooting in Monterey Park, Calif., with suspected gunman at large

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-dead-shooting-monterey-park-california/story?id=96592246

Story added gunman still at large…..

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gunman Still on the Loose After Ten Killed in Los Angeles-area City Mass Shooting

Simon Kent 22 Jan 2023

Reports of multiple deaths after a mass shooting at a Lunar New Year celebration Saturday night in Monterey Park, Calif., just east of Los Angeles, drew dozens of police responders to the scene.

AP details local officials initially provided no information about the shooting in the city of about 60,000 people with a large Asian population that’s about 10 miles from downtown Los Angeles.

Early Sunday morning it was announced 10 people were killed and another 12 injured in the incident.

Capt. Andrew Meyer of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said Sunday the wounded were taken to hospitals and their conditions range from stable to critical. Meyer said the 10 people died at the scene.

Meyer said people were “pouring out of the location screaming” when officers arrived on the scene. He said officers then went into the dance ballroom as firefighters treated the wounded.

Earlier Sgt. Bob Boese of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told AP the shooting was reported at 10:22 p.m. and occurred at a business on Garvey Ave. in Monterey Park. The shooter is a male, Boese said early Sunday.

Officials provided no information for several hours after dozens of police officers had responded to reports of the shooting.

Earlier in the day, thousands of people attended the annual festival and social gathering.

Seung Won Choi, proprietor of the Clam House seafood barbecue restaurant across the street from where the shooting happened, told the Los Angles Times three people rushed into his business and told him to lock the door behind them.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2023/01/22/reports-several-dead-after-shooting-in-los-angeles-area-city/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Update: At Least 10 Dead, 10 Hospitalized Following Monterey Park Shooting
By Susie Moore | 9:15 AM on January 22, 2023

As we reported early Sunday morning, a mass shooting in Monterey Park, California, during the Lunar New Year festivities has claimed multiple victims.

Per the latest update from Fox News, authorities have confirmed at least 10 of the victims have died and 10 have been transported to area hospitals, while the shooter remains at large.

The shooting occurred late Saturday evening at the Star Ballroom Dance Studio. Police gave an update shortly after 6:30 am Eastern.

Per that update, they do not yet know the type of firearm that was used, nor do they know the motive for the shooting. The suspect is described as male, but police do not yet know whether he knew any of the victims or if this was some sort of hate crime.

more
https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/01/22/update-at-least-10-dead-10-hospitalized-following-monterey-park-shooting-n692419
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why, at this moment, does anyone give a fig, "what type of gun was used"?

It's time for peace-loving people to arm themselves...open fk'n carry.

They want 'Dodge City"...give it to them.

Start with the homeless drug users shooting up on the sidewalks.

In Brazil...back in the 90s, they had police-sanctioned hit squads that 'cleaned' the streets in the middle of the night.

I've certainly had enough of this Crap...what about you?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Let me take a 'wild' guess. An Asian celebration. Blacks hate Asians and Asians hate Blacks (for good reason). Blacks are famous for unprovoked deadly attacks on Asians. Now someone does a drive-by killing an Asian celebration. Which Blacks are famous for doing.

Just as a guess? I'm petty sure we are looking for the White Supremacist who did this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No description of the suspect, that seems to happen an awful lot when the suspect is a protected class and really makes it tough to get any leads from the public. I hadn't realized that Monterey park had shifted that much to Asian, but then I haven't been out there in many years.

Offline Mod2

Moved to crime category

Offline mountaineer

No description of the suspect, that seems to happen an awful lot when the suspect is a protected class and really makes it tough to get any leads from the public. I hadn't realized that Monterey park had shifted that much to Asian, but then I haven't been out there in many years.
I've just now seen a report that the shooter was an "Asian" man. It's curious that it took this long, given the number of witnesses.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
There was a mass shooting at Monterey Park in Los Angeles at a Chinese new year celebration. Asian area. 10 dead. I expect the liberals and the MSM to pretend to care about Asian lives if they can use it to push for gun control and repeal the 2A.
10:04 AM · Jan 22, 2023

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
There was a mass shooting at Monterey Park in Los Angeles at a Chinese new year celebration. Asian area. 10 dead. I expect the liberals and the MSM to pretend to care about Asian lives if they can use it to push for gun control and repeal the 2A.
It's all the local news has been pushing today, I think situations like this especially with deaths make them happier than pigs in shit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
I have always found it, well, too convenient that every time someone is making a push to ban semi-automatic firearms there is a sudden rash of incidents like this.

Did someone play the red queen?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Police have a white van surrounded with the suspect inside...Fox saying the suspect has killed himself..

Jim Benson
@jmbenson1491
·
13m
Are you telling me after all the ballyhoo on Fox about the Monterrey Shooter, now they are reporting he's deceased! Talk about Al Capone's Vault!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
suspect is dead in the white van
Support the USO

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I bet we never hear of a motive except that my guns did it
Countdown to Resignation

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
dude looks like MR. YUNIOSHI from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

dude looks like MR. YUNIOSHI from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
:silly:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Sheriff: Suspect in dance club shooting killed self in van

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (AP) — The hunt for a gunman who killed 10 people at a ballroom dance club during Lunar New Year celebrations ended Sunday when authorities found him dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound inside the van in which he fled after a second shooting was thwarted.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna identified the man as 72-year-old Huu Can Tran and said no other suspects were at large. Speaking at an evening news conference, Luna said the motive for the attack remained unclear. Ten people were also wounded, seven of whom were still in the hospital.

Luna did not have the exact ages of the victims but said they all appeared to be over 50.

https://apnews.com/article/los-angeles-shooting-updates-24c38e3f3ddfbe2c31a9eabe8635dab2

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Sheriff: Suspect in dance club shooting killed self in van

https://apnews.com/article/los-angeles-shooting-updates-24c38e3f3ddfbe2c31a9eabe8635dab2

72 year old man? Very strange, wonder what made him do this,

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Moment hero bystander, 26, grabs Monterey Park shooter's illegal semi-automatic pistol at SECOND dance hall after he killed ten people in jealous rage while 'looking for his wife' before shooting himself in a van

Brandon Tsay, 26, was at the Lai Lai Ballroom when Huu Can Tran, 72, arrived
    Tsay told Good Morning America how he tackled Tran and snatched his weapon
    Tran went to a hospital then drove 22 miles to Torrance where he killed himself

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 08:22 EST, 23 January 2023 | Updated: 15:16 EST, 23 January 2023

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1617497020809334785

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11666371/Moment-hero-bystander-tackled-Monterey-Park-gunman.html
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moment hero bystander, 26, grabs Monterey Park shooter's illegal semi-automatic pistol at SECOND dance hall after he killed ten people in jealous rage while 'looking for his wife' before shooting himself in a van

Brandon Tsay, 26, was at the Lai Lai Ballroom when Huu Can Tran, 72, arrived
    Tsay told Good Morning America how he tackled Tran and snatched his weapon
    Tran went to a hospital then drove 22 miles to Torrance where he killed himself

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 08:22 EST, 23 January 2023 | Updated: 15:16 EST, 23 January 2023

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11666371/Moment-hero-bystander-tackled-Monterey-Park-gunman.html

I was hoping to see some Kung-Fu Fighting!   Seriously, dude is a hero.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I just heard these dance halls were some 80 miles from the shooter's home. That's a long way to go.