Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg Sends Letter to Norfolk Southern: Demands Leadership, Support for East Palestine Comm  (Read 365 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg Sends Letter to Norfolk Southern: Demands Leadership, Support for East Palestine Community

Simon Kent 20 Feb 2023

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg sent a letter to the CEO of Norfolk Southern on Sunday demanding accountability along with a better response to the rail disaster that has devastated the community in East Palestine, Ohio.

He also warned the freight rail company must show leadership from the very top and “demonstrate unequivocal support for the people” after the fiery train derailment that led to the release of chemicals into the air and water table of the impacted area.

AP reports a disappointed Buttigieg wrote:

Norfolk Southern must live up to its commitment to make residents whole — and must also live up to its obligation to do whatever it takes to stop putting communities such as East Palestine at risk.

This is the right time for Norfolk Southern to take a leadership position within the rail industry, shifting to a posture that focuses on supporting, not thwarting, efforts to raise the standard of U.S. rail safety regulation.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/20/pete-buttigieg-sends-letter-to-norfolk-southern-demands-leadership-support-for-east-palestine-community/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WOW..Pete sent a letter!  :scared smiley:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
WOW..Pete sent a letter!  :scared smiley:

But it was a sternly worded letter, so Buttgigger is golden.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A "strongly worded" letter, I'm sure. After all... it's Buttplug.

Fact of railroad life:
NS is a hard-a@@ outfit, and has always been so.
Back in the old days, I heard guys say that the original Southern Railway was the only one an employee couldn't get "out of service insurance" on, because they were so strict on discipline (whether warranted or not).

But this wreck and its aftermath is gonna cost them.
BIG TIME.
I'm thinking it could cost them a year or two's operating profits.
Or more.

Offline ironhorsedriver

Yea, when I worked at NS we always said they hired you to fire you. Even after I went to Amtrak, they stalked us like predators when we were running on their lines.

Offline mountaineer

Pete's a tough dude. NS is quaking in their boots.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pete's a tough dude. NS is quaking in their boots.

He's the white "Corn Pop".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When exactly is Buttjigger going give leadership and support for East Palestine? All he seems to be interested in is family leave, pretend breast feeding and condemnation of White construction workers. Incompetent Pete seems to think he holds the position of secretary of social justice and queerdom.