Author Topic: Amid Border Patrol recruitment crisis, one step of the hiring process is wiping out tons of applican  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DIGITAL ORIGINALS Published January 21, 2023 2:00am EST

Amid Border Patrol recruitment crisis, one step of the hiring process is wiping out tons of applicants

Border Patrol's polygraph requirement is hampering its recruitment as the migrant crisis surges on
Hannah Ray LambertBy Hannah Ray Lambert , Matt Leach | Fox News

‘Serial killer bad’ polygraph blocked mom from returning to Border Patrol
Border Patrol has struggled with recruitment for years. But the union says plenty of prospective agents are applying, they just can't pass the mandatory polygraph.

EAGLE PASS, Texas – Border Patrol is failing to hire agents fast enough to replace thousands of soon-to-be retirees, and current and former employees say overly aggressive and unaccountable polygraph examiners are disqualifying more than half of otherwise-qualified candidates.

"We're losing a lot of people, including those who have prior military service, who have active security clearances, and they fail a CBP polygraph," Jon Anfinsen, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council, told Fox News. "It doesn't make any sense."

According to a 2017 Associated Press story, 65% of CBP applicants who took a polygraph failed, compared to 36% in the Drug Enforcement Agency, and fewer than 35% in both the U.S. Secret Service and FBI. None of the agencies provided updated failure rates when asked by Fox News.
According to a 2017 Associated Press story, 65% of CBP applicants who took a polygraph failed, compared to 36% in the Drug Enforcement Agency, and fewer than 35% in both the U.S. Secret Service and FBI. None of the agencies provided updated failure rates when asked by Fox News. (Ramiro Vargas/Fox News Digital)

https://www.foxnews.com/us/amid-border-patrol-recruitment-crisis-one-step-hiring-process-wiping-tons-applicants
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 04:41:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Why doesn't CPB hire illegal immigrants to patrol the border?  They'd work cheap and be happy to have employment.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright