Author Topic: Dem Rep Katie Porter suggests Congress should pass a law to stop excess rain in California: ‘We need  (Read 490 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dem Rep Katie Porter suggests Congress should pass a law to stop excess rain in California: ‘We need to elect a senator who can address this…I’m ready to do exactly that’

By: Admin - Climate DepotJanuary 19, 2023 8:27 AM

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/01/19/dem-rep-katie-porter-suggests-congress-should-pass-a-law-to-stop-excess-rain-in-california-we-need-to-elect-a-senator-who-can-address-this-im-ready-to-do-exactly-that/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online The_Reader_David

Actually, addressing excess rain and droughts by building water projects to move water from one part of the U.S. to another would be worthwhile.  If the climate alarmists really believed their hype, they'd be looking at adaptation like that sort of water project (and ag research to let us grow crops in more extreme climates) as well as nuclear energy, in other words things that would be genuinely useful in the face of changes in climate,  regardless of the cause, rather than chasing the fool's errand of replacing fossil fuels with wind and solar.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Get in line lady, we gotta keep Guam from tipping over first.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Look, if you just repeal the law of gravity, that rain won't fall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Actually, addressing excess rain and droughts by building water projects to move water from one part of the U.S. to another would be worthwhile.  If the climate alarmists really believed their hype, they'd be looking at adaptation like that sort of water project (and ag research to let us grow crops in more extreme climates) as well as nuclear energy, in other words things that would be genuinely useful in the face of changes in climate,  regardless of the cause, rather than chasing the fool's errand of replacing fossil fuels with wind and solar.

Bingo!