Author Topic: AWOL Navy SEAL Killed Fighting In Ukraine  (Read 684 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
AWOL Navy SEAL Killed Fighting In Ukraine
« on: January 21, 2023, 01:52:18 pm »

Time
BY W.J. HENNIGAN
UPDATED: JANUARY 20, 2023

A former American Navy SEAL was killed this week during Russia’s assault on eastern Ukraine while fighting alongside Ukrainian forces, a Navy official tells TIME.

Daniel W. Swift, a Navy Special Warfare Operator First Class who had gone AWOL, died Jan. 18 after suffering injuries with a unit under attack by Russia, the official said.

The Navy confirmed that Swift has been in “an active deserter status since March 11, 2019,” but did not provide any additional information. It wasn’t yet known how long Swift was in Ukraine and why he was fighting there.

Swift, who is from Oregon, first enlisted in 2005, according to his releasable service records obtained by TIME. The records don’t detail any of his deployments or SEAL teams he may have served on. They list assignments with a Naval Special Warfare “Cold Weather Detachment” out of Kodiak, Ak. in 2007 and separate stints with two “West Coast-based Special Warfare Unit(s)” from July 2007 to January 2014. Beginning in August 2017, Swift was with a “West Coast Special Warfare Unit.”

(more)
https://time.com/6248929/navy-seal-killed-fighting-ukraine/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AWOL Navy Seal Becomes Sixth American Killed in Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 04:01:11 pm »
AWOL Navy Seal Becomes Sixth American Killed in Ukraine
By Margaret Flavin
Published January 21, 2023 at 9:31am

An AWOL U.S. Navy Seal, Daniel W. Swift, has reportedly been killed in Ukraine.

AP reports:

A former U.S. Navy SEAL who went AWOL in 2019 was killed this week in Ukraine, American officials said Friday. They said he was not fighting in an official capacity.

Daniel W. Swift, who was a 1st class petty officer, was injured in Dnipro and died of his wounds, said one of the officials, who all spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss personnel issues.

No other details were available, including whether Swift’s body has been taken out of Ukraine.

The Navy said he deserted his post in San Diego, California, in March 2019. “We cannot speculate as to why the former Sailor was in Ukraine,” the Navy said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/awol-navy-seal-becomes-sixth-american-killed-ukraine/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
Re: AWOL Navy SEAL Killed Fighting In Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 04:06:18 pm »
Merged.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 11:13:42 pm »
Well, either he felt strongly enough about it to desert...

Or this is the 'legend' used to cover...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 11:41:11 pm »

Deserted in 2019, well before the Russians invaded Ukraine.  Sketch as hell.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 01:41:18 am »
Deserted in 2019, well before the Russians invaded Ukraine.  Sketch as hell.

@SZonian

I agree. There is more here than is being told.

For one thing,deserters RARELY desert so they can go fight somewhere. They mostly desert because they hate being in the military and having to follow orders.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 01:10:24 pm »
My guess is that he was a fuckup in the SEALs.  Maybe alcohol, drugs, committed an assault...whatever.  Went AWOL before being court-martialed.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 02:32:48 pm »

The CIA's stink is all over this one.  2019 is just added to provide cover.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.