Author Topic: F-22 Raptor has a suitability and cyber survivability issue  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-22 Raptor has a suitability and cyber survivability issue
« on: January 21, 2023, 12:10:10 pm »
F-22 Raptor has a suitability and cyber survivability issue
By Boyko Nikolov on January 20, 2023

WASHINGTON, US — In FY22, the F-22 program completed Follow-on Operational Test and Evaluation [FOT&E] on the first of several planned annual capability releases. DOT&E assessed the Release 1 [R1] operational flight program and its associated capabilities as effective but identified one suitability concern and one cyber survivability issue, with details available in the November 2022 classified test report.

The program is currently executing FOT&E on the Release 2 [R2] operational flight program, but Federal Aviation Administration [FAA] restrictions are prohibiting Link 16 transmission – a major impediment to both testing and utilizing a combat capability already installed in the aircraft.

Delays in the introduction of CRIIS
The Air Force conducted the R1 force development evaluations [FDE] following the DOT&E-approved test plan, and DOT&E observed the events. The FDE adequately assessed the effectiveness and suitability of new software and hardware systems but fell short of adequately assessing overall mission effectiveness with the new capabilities incorporated.

The adequacy shortfall stemmed from delays in fielding the Common Range Integrated Instrumentation System [CRIIS], the most current flight test instrumentation system, which was a known limitation before test plan approval.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2023/01/20/f-22-raptor-has-a-suitability-and-cyber-survivability-issue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson