Author Topic: DR. JAMES HOLMES: THE NAVAL DIPLOMAT - 19FORTYFIVEThe U.S. Marine Corps: Now An Access-Denial Force  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DR. JAMES HOLMES: THE NAVAL DIPLOMAT - 19FORTYFIVEThe U.S. Marine Corps: Now An Access-Denial Force To Fight China?

ByJames HolmesPublished5 days ago

This week Yomiuri Shimbun reported that the U.S. Marine Corps intends to found a Marine Littoral Regiment capable of island-hopping along Japan’s Ryukyus chain, which arcs from the southernmost home island of Kyushu, through Okinawa at the chain’s midpoint, almost to within sight of northern Taiwan. Small sensor- and missile-equipped detachments will comprise the new regiment, helping it scout out hostile naval and air forces and pummel them should they draw near.

The Marine Littoral Regiment constitutes part of Force Design 2030, Commandant David Berger’s concept for partly reconfiguring the Marine Corps as an access-denial force. Under the concept marines will fan out among the southwestern islands in concert with U.S. sea and air forces and the Japan Self-Defense Forces. Expeditionary units drawn from the regiment will “stand in,” defying China’s anti-access arsenal, rather than stand off for the sake of force protection.

And yield geographic space to China by default. The Marine Corps and the allies will refuse to give ground.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/01/the-u-s-marine-corps-now-an-access-denial-force-to-fight-china/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 12:29:19 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson