Author Topic: Democrat introduces bill to end competitive college football in California  (Read 299 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrat introduces bill to end competitive college football in California
Story by Conn Carroll • Yesterday 11:42 AM

The University of Southern California Trojans spent a decade steeped in mediocrity after Head Coach Pete Carroll left the school to coach the Seattle Seahawks in 2010. Then it spent $45 million to lure Lincoln Riley away from the University of Oklahoma last winter, and boom: an 11-win season, a Heisman Trophy winner (from a player who followed Riley from Oklahoma to USC), and a trip to the Cotton Bowl.

The Trojans are back, baby.

LET THE PEOPLE TAILGATE

But even with USC’s impending move to the Big Ten, that success will be extremely short-lived if California Assemblyman Chris Holden (D) gets his way.

Holden, who represents Pasadena, has introduced legislation that he is calling the College Athlete Protection Act, which would gut all non-revenue raising college athletics and cripple the ability of any California school to compete in football on the national stage.

Under Holden’s bill, all Division I schools would be forced to pay all of their scholarship athletes their “fair market value.” What is each athlete’s fair market value, you ask? According to Holden, each student athlete is worth an equal share of half their team’s annual revenue, minus the cost of their scholarships.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/democrat-introduces-bill-to-end-competitive-college-football-in-california/ar-AA16z1IF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7a4b1f1c7d9e49bd9abd8ee2586127a7
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yet another on a long line of lunatic leftist ideas. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson