Author Topic: "Then a miracle occurs..." Scotland's "Energy Strategy and Just Transition plan" is a disaster in th  (Read 370 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"Then a miracle occurs..."
Scotland's "Energy Strategy and Just Transition plan" is a disaster in the making.

Richard Lyon
Jan 18

SUPPOSE THAT SCOTLAND’S CO2 emissions fell tomorrow to zero i.e. that, at midnight, the country ceased to exist. Then according to the “Model for the Assessment of Greenhouse Gas Induced Climate Change” (MAGICC), based on the latest IPCC climate models, the reduction in the Earth’s temperature in 2100 would be undetectable.1

Motivated by the moral necessity and urgency of this achievement, the Scottish Government is proposing a novel energy policy—its “Energy Strategy and Just Transition Plan”.2

This newsletter reviews its major themes and their implications, and considers briefly the probability of success of the Scottish Government implementing it.

In 2022, due to an insufficient quantity of wind and sun, Scotland’s current collection of wind and solar energy scavenging devices failed to generate about 70% of their nameplate capacity.3 Recent exhaustive statistical and econometric analysis of wind generation in Scotland by Edinburgh University shows that it is uneconomic, and destined for taxpayer bailout.4 Under the Scottish Government’s novel energy strategy, wind and solar energy scavenging devices are to be greatly expanded.

https://richardlyon.substack.com/p/then-a-miracle-occurs
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 06:13:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Either they are getting Rich as Croesus selling out their people, or the lunatics have taken over the asylum everywhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Not specific to Scotland, but humorous comment from The Telegraph on the climate enthusiasms driving British energy policy:

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I understand the land of my ancestors has an almost endless supply of sub surface peat.

When the landscape starts being dotted with bonfires of Scots staying warm that way, I hope they will remember who got them there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

n 2022, due to an insufficient quantity of wind and sun, Scotland’s current collection of wind and solar energy scavenging devices failed to generate about 70% of their nameplate capacity.3 Recent exhaustive statistical and econometric analysis of wind generation in Scotland by Edinburgh University shows that it is uneconomic, and destined for taxpayer bailout.4 Under the Scottish Government’s novel energy strategy, wind and solar energy scavenging devices are to be greatly expanded.

The lunatics are in charge of the asylum.