Author Topic: Ark2030: No Pleasure Cruise Ships Please (elitism in action)  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ark2030: No Pleasure Cruise Ships Please (elitism in action)
« on: January 20, 2023, 03:13:32 pm »
Ark2030: No Pleasure Cruise Ships Please (elitism in action)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- January 19, 2023

“Cruise ship alarmists: check your premises and update your facts. Take a week long cruise. Bring some books to beat ‘climate anxiety.’ Epstein, Koonin, Bryce, Lomborg, Smil, Morano …. all affordable and best sellers.”

I am leaving the country on a cruise ship next week. It’s a rather amazing, affordable get-away. A week at sea with multiple international destinations is for the masses–the middle class and some lower-to-middle upper class. (Cunard from New York City to Liverpool will have to wait for some of us.)

There will be around 5,400 passengers and 2,200 crew on board (Allure of the Seas). The reformulated diesel that powers the ship (electricity too) represents the work of hundreds of thousands of “energy slaves.” All to have the experience that Kings and Queens of yore could only dream about.

Cruise ships are little cities at sea. They are monuments to freedom, joining the Supermarket and, of course, the ultimate capitalist institution, the Stock Market. There is virtually no government, just “simple rules for a complex world.”

https://www.masterresource.org/climate-extremism/anti-cruise-ship-climate-alarmism/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 03:14:37 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Ark2030: No Pleasure Cruise Ships Please (elitism in action)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 03:15:50 pm »
I'll bet large private yachts (the size of a destroyer) are no problem, though. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson