Author Topic: Manchin: ‘I’m Concerned’ Bureaucrats Will Implement Inflation Reduction Act ‘Differently’ than what  (Read 169 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: ‘I’m Concerned’ Bureaucrats Will Implement Inflation Reduction Act ‘Differently’ than what Congress Wanted

Ian Hanchett 20 Jan 2023

During an interview aired on Thursday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) stated that over the next two years, he wants to make sure that the Inflation Reduction Act is implemented properly and he is concerned that whatever government agency is in charge of the tax incentives in the legislation is “going to interpret it differently than what the intent was.”

Co-host Joe Kernen asked, “In the next two years, do we should do another series of bills, now you said this — the IRA’s paid for. But do you think we should do a lot in the next — it’s not going to be possible with the House, probably. But are you ready to take a break and get from 120 –?”

Manchin cut in to respond, “I’m ready to make sure that what we’ve done is done the right way and the intent of the piece of legislation, if the IRA is [done] the right way and basically we make sure it’s being — right now, I’m concerned, whether it be Treasury, whether it be whoever’s — with all the tax — different incentives, are they going to interpret it differently than what the intent was.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/20/manchin-im-concerned-bureaucrats-will-implement-inflation-reduction-act-differently-than-what-congress-wanted/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Dems Could Have Worked Harder to Pass Permitting Reform I Was Promised, ‘I Wasn’t Misled’ Though

During an interview aired on Thursday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) stated that while he doesn’t think he was misled on the permitting reform he was promised in exchange by his fellow Democrats for supporting the  Inflation Reduction Act, but he’s “discouraged that they didn’t work harder to get it done.”

Co-host Joe Kernen asked, “Was the permitting aspect of it necessary to offset all the renewable stuff in there? You didn’t get that. It’s almost like the –.”

Manchin cut in to respond, “The renewable stuff — what we did Joe, if you look at the renewable stuff that we’re doing, we have, I think, a responsibility to decarbonize. But not to the point and accelerated to where we have nothing left and we can’t run the country.”

Kernen then asked, “Were you misled about the permitting, did you feel like?”

Manchin answered, “I wasn’t misled. I’m discouraged that they didn’t work harder to get it done. But I got 40 votes. What I was discouraged is that my Republican colleagues only gave me seven votes when it’s something that — all of them had signed on to a bill that wasn’t that much different. I said, if this is what we want — and they’re afraid of giving me a political win thinking it’s going to help me politically, and I’m just — I don’t think that way.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/20/manchin-dems-could-have-worked-harder-to-pass-permitting-reform-i-was-promised-i-wasnt-misled-though/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34