Author Topic: Fed-up Oregon counties get one step closer to fleeing leftist state for Idaho  (Read 413 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND By Richard Moorhead, The Western Journal 1/18/2023

Have you ever considered escaping your state without moving even a single mile away?

More than a dozen counties in rural Oregon could declare their independence from the progressive-dominated state and forge a new future within the state of Idaho.

Legislation introduced this month in the Oregon Senate invites the state legislatures and governors of both states to begin talks on relocating the border separating Idaho and Oregon.

The symbolic legislation represents a step forward for an untried idea that's more realistic than it might seem.

State borders have changed before, through agreements of state legislatures, although most changes have been minor adjustments in the boundaries of newly admitted former territories.

Article XVI of the Oregon Constitution reserves the Oregon legislature's rights to adjust state boundaries, subject to approval from the United States Congress.

The bill notes that residents of eleven counties in eastern Oregon have already voted to depart the state and join Idaho.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2023/01/fed-oregon-counties-get-1-step-closer-fleeing-liberal-state-idaho/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If this works in Oregon, it will spread across the entire nation.
This is the beginning of the formal division of Red/Blue. I love it!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

If this works in Oregon, it will spread across the entire nation.
This is the beginning of the formal division of Red/Blue. I love it!
I believe some of Virginia's western counties are interested in joining WV. It's a good trend to daydream about, anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org