Author Topic: 'Hate in their heart': Byron Donalds's office sent copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin  (Read 275 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Hate in their heart': Byron Donalds's office sent copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin
by Virginia Aabram, Congressional Reporter
January 19, 2023 12:32 PM

Rep. Byron Donalds's (R-FL) office received a copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin on Thursday, according to the congressman, who accused the book's sender of having "hate in their heart."

The 1852 anti-slavery novel is one of the best-known abolitionist works of all time, but its portrayal of the deferential main character Uncle Tom, a slave, is used against conservative black people to accuse them of selling out to the Republican Party.

"Whoever sent this book did so w/ hate in their heart & the desire to depict me as a sellout," he tweeted, followed by a quote attributed to basketball player Bill Russell: "Concentration & mental toughness are the margins of victory."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/byron-donalds-office-copy-uncle-toms-cabin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Democrats being Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Put that Abolitionist AGITPROP in it's place. (The circular file).
While there might have been a few who routinely mistreated their slaves, it made no more sense to treat them badly than it does to take a sledgehammer to your John Deere.
If productivity was the goal, disabling and mistreating the labor force makes no sense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

This kind of peer pressure among Blacks that you must stay part of the group no matter what they believe and do is a big reason I admire conservative Blacks. It's not easy to break from the group you otherwise identify with. It takes real strength to do it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Kamaji

Put that Abolitionist AGITPROP in it's place. (The circular file).
While there might have been a few who routinely mistreated their slaves, it made no more sense to treat them badly than it does to take a sledgehammer to your John Deere.
If productivity was the goal, disabling and mistreating the labor force makes no sense.

Uh, no, not really.  For one thing, John Deeres don’t reproduce.