Author Topic: Mike Pompeo: Trump told me ‘shut the hell up’ about China COVID secrecy  (Read 2243 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
For what it is worth: I have a hard time believing Pompeo about anything.
This is the same Pompeo considering a presidential run? It's not like he would have any interest in trying to make Trump look bad(as if he needed help) **nononono*

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am a little skeptical of this claim.

But if it is true, is Trump really part of the swamp rather than its drainer?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If this so offended Pompeo, he should have resigned instead of including it in a book timed to launch his run for the Oval Office.

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone who previously worked for Trump telling true stories about policy disagreements.  Don't we as voters have a right to know what Trump's thoughts were on the virus, etc.?  Shouldn't that be the exact kind of information we should use to decide on whom to support for the nomination?

And I'm assuming it is true because given how Trump tends to go apeshit whenever he feels he's being wronged, his silence amounts to confirmation.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

But I am not Trump, whose claim to fame was (aside from promoting his luxury brand) was real estate and making deals--where you have entire squadrons of attorneys at your beck and call, and if they eff up, you fire them. The difference is that you KNOW they effed up.

How, pray tell, was Trump, isolated by the "experts", without the sources we had, pressured by those who claimed they "needed" ventilators (15000 on the shelf), they needed hospital beds (but never used the field hospitals or hospital ships), and CONSTANTLY badgered by the "Gotcha NOW!" MSM and the entire Dammitcrap party to "DO SOMETHING!!!", going to have the time to figure out that Fauci and his minions, the WHO, Pharma, and others were leading not only the American Medical Community, but the whole damned planet astray??

Sweet Jesus, you don't want a President, You want a bleep God who knows all.

I don't expect a President who knows everything.  But what I do expect in a President is a guy who has a solid network of smart, capable advisors and subordinates he trusts, and to whom he can delegate specific issues knowing they will handle them with competence and loyalty.  That's who Reagan was, for example.

That isn't Trump.  He's basically a lone wolf who governs by his own instincts, doesn't have a trusted circle of capable, loyal friends, and as a result can be easily fooled/manipulated by the subordinates he does have.  And it seems to me a fair number of his supporters want that kind of "lone wolf" as President because they don't trust anyone else, and don't think Trump should either.

But that just isn't workable long term.  That's who you end up with Faucis, Mooches, etc. etc. etc.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I like to be opinionated about a lot of things... But Covid had me buffaloed... I was skeptical about taking the shot (ended up not taking it, but considered it heavily)... I was skeptical about the mask knowing it probable was a joke in my case (and I wasn't shaving my beard)... but I did shy away from folks and I did wash/spray everything from the store (for a few weeks). So I must admit even with my friends here at TBR offering advice, I didn't know which end was up for a while. I still don't. I did think it was silly to worry about mask supplies, since every town had an empty building the could sew them, they weren't the most tech thing to produce... yet that said, I bought more than my share of rubbing alcohol and hand cleaner.

I think the medical experts that are also politicians like a good epidemic, it makes them feel important, but also subject to picking political sides. I don't know that Trump got any better advice on the subject than I did (and that is kind of sad).

To be honest, I am more upset at Pfizer mutating Covid than this.  I don't doubt it is within their realm of possibility to release new versions just for profit.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:27:57 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DB

I like to be opinionated about a lot of things...

I think that's a prerequisite to want to be a member here...  happy77

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

:beer:
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.