Author Topic: Mike Pompeo: Trump told me ‘shut the hell up’ about China COVID secrecy  (Read 2245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mike Pompeo: Trump told me ‘shut the hell up’ about China COVID secrecy
By Steven Nelson   
January 19, 2023 12:13pm

Pompeo alleges in an explosive new memoir that former President Donald Trump told him to “shut the hell up for a while” about China hiding early COVID-19 pandemic information — after Chinese President Xi Jinping said it was a sore topic.

Pompeo writes that Xi was furious about the top US diplomat’s criticism of Beijing’s non-transparency at a March 25, 2020, State Department press conference and asked Trump during a March 26 call to silence him.

Xi told Trump that Pompeo was putting at risk the “phase one” trade deal that the two leaders had brokered that January, according to Semafor, which obtained part of Pompeo’s “Never Give An Inch” ahead of its Jan. 24 release.

“My Mike, that f–ing guy hates you!” Trump exclaimed after the call, according to Pompeo, who was listening in on the conversation.

Days later, Trump allegedly told Pompeo he was “putting us all at risk” by upsetting Xi because the US needed personal protective equipment from China.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/pompeo-trump-said-to-shut-the-hell-up-about-china-covid-secrecy-to-please-xi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

We were blackmailed over face masks?

Masks were useless...

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This is why in large part I do not want to ever see Trump on the national stage again.

Trump until the day he left office continued to support Tony Mengele Fauci 100%.  Fauci is a master genocidal maniac.  He is responsible for killing millions.  His leadership, fully supported by Trump, resulted in hundreds of thousands dying in the USA that did not need to die.  Fauci is incompetent or a genocidal maniac.  I think his history points to genocidal maniac.

I am not the least bit surprised that Trump said this.  Again, he had Fauci whispering in his ear.  FAUCI!!!!!!!!!!!  He mistakenly relied on that murdering puke for medical/health/public health advice, and a large number of Americans died.

In the end, it was Trump that kept that maggot Fauci at the forefront making decisions that resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Americans. 

I will NEVER vote for Trump again, and I voted for that lying fool twice.  He delivered on nothing of consequence, Biden has undone everything he accomplished, and his big, huge, monstrous aw-sh*t, his total lying rhetoric to end the H1-b Visa Program permanently put him in the dog house with EVERYONE I know in tech.  1.6 million high paid Americans displaced with low paid folks largely from India.  No thank you.  F*** Trump, and his buddy Xi.  Now that is not saying Biden is better.  Biden has been getting sodomized by Xi when the spirit moves him.  Biden could not be more of a puppet for the CCP if he tried.  Xi goes to bed laughing every night.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 09:00:26 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is why in large part I do not want to ever see Trump on the national stage again.

Trump until the day he left office continued to support Tony Mengele Fauci 100%.  Fauci is a master genocidal maniac.  He is responsible for killing millions.  His leadership, fully supported by Trump, resulted in hundreds of thousands dying in the USA that did not need to die.  Fauci is incompetent or a genocidal maniac.  I think his history points to genocidal maniac.

I am not the least bit surprised that Trump said this.  Again, he had Fauci whispering in his ear.  FAUCI!!!!!!!!!!!  He mistakenly relied on that murdering puke for medical/health/public health advice, and a large number of Americans died.

In the end, it was Trump that kept that maggot Fauci at the forefront making decisions that resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Americans. 

I will NEVER vote for Trump again, and I voted for that lying fool twice.  He delivered on nothing of consequence, Biden has undone everything he accomplished, and his big, huge, monstrous aw-sh*t, his total lying rhetoric to end the H1-b Visa Program permanently put him in the dog house with EVERYONE I know in tech.  1.6 million high paid Americans displaced with low paid folks largely from India.  No thank you.  F*** Trump, and his buddy Xi.  Now that is not saying Biden is better.  Biden has been getting sodomized by Xi when the spirit moves him.  Biden could not be more of a puppet for the CCP if he tried.  Xi goes to bed laughing every night.
Don't blame Trump for Fauci.
Fauci started out in the Reagan Administration, and had been a public health fixture in the federal Government's Medical Establishment since.

He WAS considered the go-to Government expert on infectious diseases, head of NIAID--and had been for decades.

Trump, as so often happened, made the mistake of trusting the people who were already entrenched in what were supposed to be apolitical positions withing the Federal Government's alphabet soup of agencies.
Trump is not a doctor, and trusted the doctors, who lied not only to Trump but to the rest of the world.

Being mistaken, getting it wrong through ignorance is one thing, and despite terrible results is forgivable.

But those doctors either knew better (as in Fauci's claims of a possible natural origin for COVID when he knew damned well it was created in a lab) or should have known better than summarily denigrate possible treatments for COVID (or even conduct studies designed to show early onset treatments as ineffective, but for late stage COVID without suing the regimens complete and in the early stages), yet they did so and pushed for the shots, probably to ensure they continued to receive grant money, or for position, power, prestige, or other compensation. They are the ones who sacrificed the lives of their patients on those respective altars. Add in the Media, including Social Media which censored, belittled, smeared, and attempted to discredit those doctors, virologists, biochemists and others who were brave enough to try to get the word out about cheap and effective treatments, often at the cost of their jobs, but were relegated to using sites considered to be of questionable veracity or generate their own, even as search engines steered viewers away and social media either outright censored them or branded what they had to say as "misinformation".

There is no shortage of people to blame for the COVID disaster, and most of them were in what we used to describe as "positions of trust".

Well, now we don't trust them. I'd bet Trump doesn't either, considering what they pulled.

The mistake Trump made, most famously, boils down to trusting people who had been positions of prestige over agencies to be honest, to do the job they had been entrusted with for the benefit of the Citizens of the USA, and in the case of public health, to advise from those prestigious positions, the doctors of the world, knowing that advice would carry with it the prestige of this nation and its people. Those (often high level administrators), 'experts' and others failed you, me, and Trump miserably, as they ditched their oaths of office for some other, personal, agenda.

The mask recommendations and mandates, the vaccine passport idea, all came from one side, and it's a shame Trump didn't see that, nor that his advisors (those not traitors) could get through. Yes, Virginia, there is a Fauci at the root of this, too, because the masks were fundamentally useless, and who said they were needed?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:28:56 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Fauci started out in the Reagan Administration, and had been a public health fixture in the federal Government's Medical Establishment since.

He WAS considered the go-to Government expert on infectious diseases, head of NIAID--and had been for decades.

Trump, as so often happened, made the mistake of trusting the people who were already entrenched in what were supposed to be apolitical positions withing the Federal Government's alphabet soup of agencies.
Trump is not a doctor, and trusted the doctors, who lied not only to Trump but to the rest of the world.

Being mistaken, getting it wrong through ignorance is one thing, and despite terrible results is forgivable.

But those doctors either knew better (as in Fauci's claims of a possible natural origin for COVID when he knew damned well it was created in a lab) or should have known better than summarily denigrate possible treatments for COVID (or even conduct studies designed to show early onset treatments as ineffective, but for late stage COVID without suing the regimens complete and in the early stages), yet they did so and pushed for the shots, probably to ensure they continued to receive grant money, or for position, power, prestige, or other compensation. They are the ones who sacrificed the lives of their patients on those respective altars. Add in the Media, including Social Media which censored, belittled, smeared, and attempted to discredit those doctors, virologists, biochemists and others who were brave enough to try to get the word out about cheap and effective treatments, often at the cost of their jobs, but were relegated to using sites considered to be of questionable veracity or generate their own, even as search engines steered viewers away and social media either outright censored them or branded what they had to say as "misinformation".

There is no shortage of people to blame for the COVID disaster, and most of them were in what we used to describe as "positions of trust".

Well, now we don't trust them. I'd bet Trump doesn't either, considering what they pulled.

The mistake Trump made, most famously, boils down to trusting people who had been positions of prestige over agencies to be honest, to do the job they had been entrusted with for the benefit of the Citizens of the USA, and in the case of public health, to advise from those prestigious positions, the doctors of the world, knowing that advice would carry with it the prestige of this nation and its people. Those (often high level administrators), 'experts' and others failed you, me, and Trump miserably, as they ditched their oaths of office for some other, personal, agenda.

The mask recommendations and mandates, the vaccine passport idea, all came from one side, and it's a shame Trump didn't see that, nor that his advisors (those not traitors) could get through. Yes, Virginia, there is a Fauci at the root of this, too, because the masks were fundamentally useless, and who said they were needed?

I blame a lot of this on the general population screaming "Do something...right now!!!"

Offline DB

When you are the leader with authority you are responsible. That was Trump. Trump could have consulted with anyone he wanted to get alternate views on all of the above. When Trump announced the two weeks to flatten the curve shutdown that opened the Pandora's box of bureaucrats running over everyone's rights without end.

It takes a leader to lead when the masses are panicked running in the wrong direction.

Trump doesn't get a pass - he wanted the job and needed to do the job after getting it.

Offline Kamaji

When you are the leader with authority you are responsible. That was Trump. Trump could have consulted with anyone he wanted to get alternate views on all of the above. When Trump announced the two weeks to flatten the curve shutdown that opened the Pandora's box of bureaucrats running over everyone's rights without end.

It takes a leader to lead when the masses are panicked running in the wrong direction.

Trump doesn't get a pass - he wanted the job and needed to do the job after getting it.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

Sure, he coulda have called every GP in the country, every virologist in the world, but supposedly, he had on tap the best of the best, THE guy in the whole world who was supposed to be the very best, right here in the USA.
That guy had been on the job since Reagan was POTUS (which one would think indicated someone doing a job without politics).

The WHO and all of the huge global medical community was either marching in lockstep with Fauci and Farma, or being censored from every platform, fired and discredited, and denigrated as crackpot crazy incompetent supplement sellers and quacks from every angle with very few places to get the word out, and dogpiled on as "anti-vaxxers" on every medium, streetcorner and forum, even this one by some.

Somehow, Trump was supposed to see through a world-class world wide propaganda campaign composing over two thirds of the medical community and make the "right choice"?

No, I have a different group of evil bastards I'd love to see lose their jobs (and ill gotten gains) over that.
It is rife with people who routinely violate oaths for their personal gain, who soiled their offices and caused, either through action or cowardice untold death and misery. People who are still suborning, participating in, or funding violations of the laws that could come back to be another crime against humanity.
I believe  Trump is guilty only of acting in good faith that others would perform in good faith, for the benefit of the American People, which they did not.

But one awshit and there go all your attaboys...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Sure, he coulda have called every GP in the country, every virologist in the world, but supposedly, he had on tap the best of the best, THE guy in the whole world who was supposed to be the very best, right here in the USA.
That guy had been on the job since Reagan was POTUS (which one would think indicated someone doing a job without politics).

The WHO and all of the huge global medical community was either marching in lockstep with Fauci and Farma, or being censored from every platform, fired and discredited, and denigrated as crackpot crazy incompetent supplement sellers and quacks from every angle with very few places to get the word out, and dogpiled on as "anti-vaxxers" on every medium, streetcorner and forum, even this one by some.

Somehow, Trump was supposed to see through a world-class world wide propaganda campaign composing over two thirds of the medical community and make the "right choice"?

No, I have a different group of evil bastards I'd love to see lose their jobs (and ill gotten gains) over that.
It is rife with people who routinely violate oaths for their personal gain, who soiled their offices and caused, either through action or cowardice untold death and misery. People who are still suborning, participating in, or funding violations of the laws that could come back to be another crime against humanity.
I believe  Trump is guilty only of acting in good faith that others would perform in good faith, for the benefit of the American People, which they did not.

But one awshit and there go all your attaboys...

Come on. He didn't have to call every doctor to get alternate views. He was the freaking President of the U.S.A. and could talk to any expert he wanted to. It is likely a good number of them would have been willing to speak frankly off the record. Somehow many of us with far less resources saw through the lies that were coming out about the source of the virus, masks and treatments. There was also information about prior mRNA experiments and the problems with them. Yet you say Trump couldn't detect any of this and was completely consumed by Fauci... Trump doesn't get a pass. With extraordinary power comes extraordinary responsibility.

Offline Smokin Joe

Come on. He didn't have to call every doctor to get alternate views. He was the freaking President of the U.S.A. and could talk to any expert he wanted to. It is likely a good number of them would have been willing to speak frankly off the record. Somehow many of us with far less resources saw through the lies that were coming out about the source of the virus, masks and treatments. There was also information about prior mRNA experiments and the problems with them. Yet you say Trump couldn't detect any of this and was completely consumed by Fauci... Trump doesn't get a pass. With extraordinary power comes extraordinary responsibility.
bleep it. Yes, some of us who ARE scientists, who ARE even in the medical field, who are predisposed to seeing CONSPIRACY regardless of what the MEDIA say, who have been picking the 'official line' to shreds of threads for DECADES saw through it.

Why didn't you call Trump and tell him?

FINALLY, the conspiracies have caught up with the theories.

As for Trump, well, I seriously doubt he had that background.

He is not a doctor, not an EMT, not a scientist, so not trained in medicine or even the ability to see through what amounts to poor experimental construction or shit logic.

I have been picking through that crap since the mid-80s, reading motorcycle helmet studies conducted by prestigious medical institutions and published in peer-reviewed journals where the evidence (data) did NOT support the conclusions.

So, yeah, I saw it, as did a host of doctors and nurses and EMS personnel, current and former, as did people involved in epidemiology, (then I was messing around with that when the reservoirs for Ebola and Marburg were figured out to be migratory fruit bats--something I had figured out, too--but seriously out of my 'field') and as did a lot of us who were well experienced in critical analysis of whatever came out on the MSM/Cable news. We/ve been shredding narratives for a long, long time.

But I am not Trump, whose claim to fame was (aside from promoting his luxury brand) was real estate and making deals--where you have entire squadrons of attorneys at your beck and call, and if they eff up, you fire them. The difference is that you KNOW they effed up.

How, pray tell, was Trump, isolated by the "experts", without the sources we had, pressured by those who claimed they "needed" ventilators (15000 on the shelf), they needed hospital beds (but never used the field hospitals or hospital ships), and CONSTANTLY badgered by the "Gotcha NOW!" MSM and the entire Dammitcrap party to "DO SOMETHING!!!", going to have the time to figure out that Fauci and his minions, the WHO, Pharma, and others were leading not only the American Medical Community, but the whole damned planet astray??
Weren't doctors supposed to make people well, not kill them off?

Sweet Jesus, you don't want a President, You want a bleep God who knows all.

Just look at the damage to the credibility of the medical profession over COVID and you will see just what a jump for the average ordinary person to not only recognize, but to wrap their head around the fact that the most preeminent people in their medical fields WERE LYING? Not just LYING, but LYING about those who were telling the truth, and who were down to publishing that on websited that get summarily dismissed because they hawk supplements on the side?

He did what so many in his office did before him, he trusted those people who were entrusted with the health and welfare of the NATION, like so many had trusted them before.

IMHO, Fauci should have been fired over HIV/AIDS, so blame whoever didn't do that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:47:31 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

I blame a lot of this on the general population screaming "Do something...right now!!!"
When I first heard this new virus was headed our way, around Jan. 2020, my response was to buy some cough drops and vitamin C. Then, when it was "just two weeks to flatten the curve," I went along with it. Hey, it's only two weeks. But after Easter services were cancelled, I couldn't get a hair cut for six months, and Walmart had one door for entrance and another for exit - 50' apart - and we were forced to wear masks if we wanted to purchase groceries, it was clear that governmental "doing something" was a crock of $#!t. Unfortunately, too many people trusted the government to be looking out for their interests, which always is a mistake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

Panic?  I never panicked...  If you ask a million folks about a topic they know nothing about you will get a million different versions of "i have no idea" because they have never seen it...

Offline DB

Panic?  I never panicked...  If you ask a million folks about a topic they know nothing about you will get a million different versions of "i have no idea" because they have never seen it...

Didn't say you did panic. But a lot of people did and were afraid to set foot outside their door. They even wore a useless mask in their car all by themselves... The worst ones were glued to CNN and MSNBC...

Offline DB

IMHO, Fauci should have been fired over HIV/AIDS, so blame whoever didn't do that.

And yet Trump had no curiosity to review or had anyone around him to provide him Fauci's history...

There are lots of people who are not scientist or in the medical field that can think critically to know much of this was B.S. from the start just be reading what information was available. Just go back to the thread here that recorded what went on from the start. Trump started out okay and then quickly caved. Trump was still promoting the "vaccine" in early 2022 taking credit for it and encouraging people to take it. And yet you say Trump bares no responsibility for it or the damage it has caused - which very well could be extreme.

Online mountaineer

And yet Trump had no curiosity to review or had anyone around him to provide him Fauci's history...
I think Trump, not being a lifelong politician and a man of moderate intellect, came into the presidency unaware of just how pervasive and deep the swamp was. Perhaps he didn't educate himself well enough, or perhaps it was because he couldn't find the right people to be cabinet members, chief of staff and other advisors. The right person might have told him Fauci's a fraud and is responsible for countless AIDS deaths, and Trump might have fired the little gnome before Covid came along. The right person would have said to the president that we need to do an immediate and complete housecleaning at FBI, CIA, CDC, and the State Dept., for starters.  :shrug:

I just hope the next president hits the ground running with these necessary reforms.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DefiantMassRINO

China was hiding Covid-19/SARS2 in plain sight.

Anyone watching CNBC daily during Fall, 2019, knew there was a strange, virulent "pneumonia" circulating in Wuhan, China.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This just isn't true @DB

Mike Pence was appointed the head of the coronavirus task force based on his experience dealing with the AIDS epidemic as governor of Indiana.  Pence reached back to his old team to form his new one.  They were well known, respected and considered to be experts in their fields --- and were personally recommended by Pence based on their bios and his previous working relationships with them.  Most notably, those recommendations included Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx.

Pence would go on to shield both from Trump's growing dissatisfaction with them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mike Pompeo: Trump told me ‘shut the hell up’ about China COVID secrecy

So what?  Trump made his opinion about the "China virus" quite clear.

I suspect Pompeo wasn't privy to all that was going on, and if the President didn't want his SOS mudding the waters by flapping his gums, so be it.

If this so offended Pompeo, he should have resigned instead of including it in a book timed to launch his run for the Oval Office.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:12:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EdinVA

China was hiding Covid-19/SARS2 in plain sight.

Anyone watching CNBC daily during Fall, 2019, knew there was a strange, virulent "pneumonia" circulating in Wuhan, China.

And every time Trump tried to close the border the media scorched him...

Offline Hoodat

I have to disagree here.  Trump gave a presser in April of 2020 with DHS scientists.  In that presser, he outlined what they knew about SARS-2, what killed it, and what precautions to take.  For the next eight months, Fauci openly contradicted everything that was presented in that presser.  He openly defied the White House every time he opened his mouth.  On that count alone, he should have been dismissed, or at least prevented from being the official spokesperson of 'science'.

The bottom line, Trump saw an opportunity to be the Savior of the World with this new 'vaccine' [sic] development.  He was all-in from the beginning.  His ego blinded him from the reality of the situation.  Basically, he was a useful idiot for Big Pharma.  Fauci broke the law.  Everyone knew he broke the law.  And Trump did nothing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

So what?  Trump made his opinion about the "China virus" quite clear.

Yes, he was outspoken about the Wuhan lab leak.  But then he let the person responsible for it be his 'science' spokesperson for an entire year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I know what this guy would say.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

We elect people to contain and put a rudder on the D.C. bureaucracy. Those we elect have to take the reins and lead or we are no longer a republic.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

I will blame Trump for not firing him the moment he revealed himself as a close personal associate of the Cuomos. I will blame him for saying he would fire Fauci after the election (there was no reason why he had to wait, only as a desperate and ultimately unsuccessful attempt at leverage over the people, which I will also blame Trump for doing) and not doing so.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

For what it is worth: I have a hard time believing Pompeo about anything.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.