Exclusive Content > Editorials

Ukraine - From a Trump Voter Who Has Been There

<< < (2/6) > >>

Free Vulcan:
The arguments are somewhat boilerplate, and pretty speculative in it's conclusions. The things that supposedly follow if X is or is not done, may or may not happen.

starbuck_archer:
The arguments are completely valid.

Do you honestly believe that if the US is seen to do an Afghanistan-level fail in Ukraine that China won't take that as a massive sign of weakness?

starbuck_archer:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on January 19, 2023, 07:34:07 pm ---And even then, it's a better response than that drivel deserves.

--- End quote ---

In other words, you have no response so you resort to juvenile emoticons.  Come back when you have a substantive argument to make.  "you're wrong, nah nah nah" is the summation of your argument, at this point.  That may seem like a valid rebuttal to you, and it may very well be.  But I was hoping for something more along the lines of "I disagree for reasons x, y and z."

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 08:01:26 pm ---The arguments are completely valid.
--- End quote ---

They are based on the assumption that you know the psychology of the players, among many other factors. You have simply leapt to conclusions based on an American perspective. I guarantee you Russia and China don't think like us, and you simply can't assume how they will think.

--- Quote ---Do you honestly believe that if the US is seen to do an Afghanistan-level fail in Ukraine that China won't take that as a massive sign of weakness?

--- End quote ---

Completely presumptuous and an analogy that may not hold water give the multiple variables and factors at work here.

starbuck_archer:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on January 19, 2023, 08:07:25 pm ---They are based on the assumption that you know the psychology of the players, among many other factors. You have simply leapt to conclusions based on an American perspective. I guarantee you Russia and China don't think like us, and you simply can't assume how they will think.

Completely presumptuous and an analogy that may not hold water give the multiple variables and factors at work here.

--- End quote ---

Okay, so China will react differently.

What will they do different from my analysis?

Why is your analysis correct ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version