Exclusive Content > Editorials

Ukraine - From a Trump Voter Who Has Been There

<< < (5/6) > >>

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 06:59:54 pm ---There are three main arguments put forth by the right against Ukraine:

-Ukraine is corrupt

-Ukraine has Neo-Nazi Support

-The United States has no strategic interest in Ukraine not becoming a Russian oblast
--- End quote ---

Нет!

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 06:59:54 pm ---1.  Ukraine Is Corrupt
--- End quote ---

So is the United States.

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 06:59:54 pm ---2.  The Azov Battalion
--- End quote ---

The Azov Battalion was disbanded over eight years ago.  This coincided with the ouster of Andriy Biletsky who was given a choice of being a soldier or being a politician.  He chose politics.  Yet for some reason, people keep pushing this same old disproved Azov Battalion lie.

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 06:59:54 pm ---3.  The United States has no Strategic Interest In Ukraine
--- End quote ---

The United States most certainly does have a strategic interest in stopping Russian aggression, specifically the takeover of Ukrainian oil and gas fields as well as the entire Ukrainian Azov coastline and the Crimean Black Sea ports.  Russia's objective here is to annex the entirety of Ukraine and restore it into a Soviet State which will openly threaten our NATO allies.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Mod2 on January 19, 2023, 08:36:51 pm ---Moved to appropriate category

--- End quote ---

We have a Bullshit category?

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 08:21:09 pm ---I read your Ukraine3 thread and its basically you posting a bunch of Deep State news sites (like Daily Mail) and getting shot down by people who know more than you.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to see an example of that.  Can you be so kind as to provide links?  Especially to the 'shot down' posts.  Thanks in advance.

starbuck_archer:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on January 19, 2023, 10:13:53 pm ---Нет!

So is the United States.

The Azov Battalion was disbanded over eight years ago.  This coincided with the ouster of Andriy Biletsky who was given a choice of being a soldier or being a politician.  He chose politics.  Yet for some reason, people keep pushing this same old disproved Azov Battalion lie.

The United States most certainly does have a strategic interest in stopping Russian aggression, specifically the takeover of Ukrainian oil and gas fields as well as the entire Ukrainian Azov coastline and the Crimean Black Sea ports.  Russia's objective here is to annex the entirety of Ukraine and restore it into a Soviet State which will openly threaten our NATO allies.

--- End quote ---

Where are people getting the idea that I am arguing against Ukraine?  I think I made it pretty clear in my post which side I am supporting in this, and all you've done is agree with me that the criticisms of Ukraine by the right are mostly bullshit.

I think I indicated I was in Ukraine, actively assisting in the war effort for the Ukrainian side.

My OP is being misunderstood: I am illustrating the arguments I see all too often in places like Breitbart and explaining *why the anti-Ukraine, pro-Russian arguments are wrong*, and explaining why they are convincing to some because a few of them have a few grains of truth accompanying the lie.

I am even debating another member here who is questioning my rationale for supporting Ukraine.  I think someone misunderstands the OP.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: starbuck_archer on January 19, 2023, 10:36:35 pm ---Where are people getting the idea that I am arguing against Ukraine?  I think I made it pretty clear in my post which side I am supporting in this, and all you've done is agree with me that the criticisms of Ukraine by the right are mostly bullshit.

I think I indicated I was in Ukraine, actively assisting in the war effort for the Ukrainian side.

--- End quote ---

My apologies, @starbuck_archer .  Been fighting those lies for a long time here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version