Author Topic: House GOP Reveals Its First Oversight Hearing Target  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House GOP Reveals Its First Oversight Hearing Target
« on: January 19, 2023, 05:55:29 pm »
House GOP Reveals Its First Oversight Hearing Target
Jennie TaerJanuary 19, 20230

The House Oversight committee will hold its first hearing to probe the Biden administration over the border crisis.

The hearing, which will take place on Feb. 6, comes amid record surges in illegal immigration. The committee announced Thursday that it had called upon several southern Border Patrol sector chiefs and requested documents directly from Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas regarding the administration’s “role in undermining” border security efforts.

Federal authorities at the U.S-Mexico border encountered an all-time high of more than 250,000 migrants in December.

President Joe Biden made his first visit to the border on Jan. 8, when he traveled to El Paso, Texas, after instituting a number of policies to better the parole and admission systems mainly for migrants that might otherwise be expelled under Title 42, a Trump-era public health expulsion order. The president has put much of the blame on Congressional Republicans to implement solutions to ultimately fix the immigration system that he labels “broken.”

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,489778.new.html#new
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson