Author Topic: SSN(X): The U.S. Navy Has Big Plans For A New Attack Submarine  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SSN(X): The U.S. Navy Has Big Plans For A New Attack Submarine
« on: January 19, 2023, 05:45:32 pm »
SSN(X): The U.S. Navy Has Big Plans For A New Attack Submarine

ByRobert FarleyPublished2 days ago
Virginia-ClassImage of Virginia-class Submarine features. Image Credit: Creative Commons.
Meet SSN(X): The US Navy is starting to think about a class of attack submarines that would serve into the 22nd century.

What do the boats look like and how is the project going? That means it’s time to talk about the SSN(X) project.

SSN(X) Project
The first SSN(X) boats would begin to enter service in the 2030s. For the first twenty or so years of the run, the SSN(X) boats will share the sea with the Virginia-class SSNs, themselves having replaced the last Los Angeles-class attack boats. Construction on late-block Virginias would continue until replaced on the slips by the new class in the first couple of years of the 2030s.

To some extent, the SSN(X) will represent a throwback to the Seawolf class, a group of boats designed to carry the fight on the high end against Soviet submarines in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/01/ssnx-the-u-s-navy-has-big-plans-for-a-new-attack-submarine/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 05:46:31 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson