Author Topic: MSNBC’s Reid: Marjorie Taylor Greene on Committees Literally Putting Confederates in Charge  (Read 470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Reid: Marjorie Taylor Greene on Committees Literally Putting Confederates in Charge

Pam Key 18 Jan 2023

MSNBC host Joy Reid said Wednesday on her show “The ReidOut” that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) was like Confederate President Jefferson Davis while discussing her appointments to the Oversight and Accountability Committee and the Homeland Security Committee.

Reid said, “Harassing Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg was one of the many things that got her kicked off her committees in the last Congresses. But that’s water under the bridge now that she’s one of Kevin McCarthy’s biggest backers. It is what she has done and said since she has been in Congress. That’s what makes her appointment the most alarming. Cassidy Hutchison told the January 6 committee that Greene bragged about the number of her QAnon follower constituents who were in Washington on the 6th to back Trump’s attempts to stay in office. And Last month Greene spoke at the New York Young Republicans Conference where the group’s president declared total war on their perceived enemies and trotting out the who’s who of white nationalists.”

She added, “This is the completion of the insurrection. This is as if Jefferson Davis, you know, was made chairman of the Senate Oversight Committee or placed in charge of the United States Senate or the House. This is placing, literally, the confederates in charge of the union. Your thoughts on these developments?”

New York Times writer Charles Blow said, “You’re right. And I’m no a fan of Jefferson Davis. Marjorie Taylor Greene is no Jefferson Davis. Marjorie Taylor Greene is a hollow shell of a person that believes, and is actually correct in believing, that theatrics get her attention and attention makes her money, and money makes her powerful within her party. So she is a stunt queen.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/18/msnbcs-reid-marjorie-taylor-greene-on-committees-literally-putting-confederates-in-charge/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Attention Hogg was a survivor of the school shooting? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
“This is the completion of the insurrection. This is as if Jefferson Davis, you know, was made chairman of the Senate Oversight Committee or placed in charge of the United States Senate or the House. This is placing, literally, the confederates in charge of the union. Your thoughts on these developments?”

Sounds good to me.
Bring it on.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Attention Hogg was a survivor of the school shooting?
We are, too, @Wingnut!

I didn't get shot, did you?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We are, too, @Wingnut!

I didn't get shot, did you?
@Smokin Joe   I was out riding my bike like Mr. Hogg.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Hoodat

MSNBC host Joy Reid said Wednesday on her show “The ReidOut” that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) was like Confederate President Jefferson Davis

lol, Reid compares Greene with a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
lol, Reid compares Greene with a Democrat.

Outside the abhorant despicable practice of slavery which should have been phased out decades earlier, just what did the Southern Confederacy get wrong?

Contrast those positions versus the state of the government and how it manages our country today.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.