Author Topic: A New Ocean Is Forming in Africa and It Can Cause a Continental Split  (Read 439 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A New Ocean Is Forming in Africa and It Can Cause a Continental Split
By Desiree.T -19 August 2022162684

The things we learn under Geography may seem to be permanent among other subjects. We know that many years from now what we learned back then will still be the same. But it looks like in a few years from now, we would have to start changing our maps.

Source: Smithsonian Institute

Over the years, things have been changing – islands have sunk while others have emerged. And recently, a whole new ocean is starting to form in the middle of Africa, which would be a major change in geography as we know it.

It started with a volcanic eruption
The Dabbahu Volcano is located in the Afar region in Ethiopia, Africa. It is part of the Afar Triangle, which is a very active volcanic region. The Dabbahu is a stratovolcano and it goes by a lot of names such as Mount Dabbahu, Boyna, Boina, and Moina.

https://greedyfinance.com/index.php/en/2022/08/19/a-new-ocean-is-forming-in-africa-and-it-can-cause-a-continental-split-2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A New Ocean Is Forming in Africa and It Can Cause a Continental Split
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 12:16:33 pm »

It started with a volcanic eruption

No way!!  It had to have been started by global warming!! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson