Author Topic: Defense Contractors Rake in Millions as U.S. Seeks to Supply More Weapons to Ukraine  (Read 891 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Defense Contractors Rake in Millions as U.S. Seeks to Supply More Weapons to Ukraine

Kristina Wong 18 Jan 2023

Defense contractors are raking in millions of dollars as the Biden administration pledges to continue supporting Ukraine for “as long as it takes.”

The U.S. Army announced in December it awarded an $84 million contract to Raytheon Missiles and Defense for more than 1,000 Excalibur 1B precision munitions to replenish those sent to Ukraine.

Just weeks before, the Army awarded a $432 million contract to Lockheed Martin to replenish High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) launchers that the U.S. and allies sent to Ukraine, according to Defense News. The Army also awarded a $1.2 billion contract to Raytheon for six National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System (NASAMS) batteries for Ukraine.

This week, the Biden administration is expected to announce more military assistance to Ukraine when U.S. defense leaders meet with their counterparts in Germany for the eighth meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group.

The U.S. pledged $400 million in military equipment at the group’s last meeting on November 23. CNN reported on Wednesday that the administration is putting together one of its largest aid packages ever.

So far, the U.S. has allocated $113 billion in assistance to Ukraine, which includes $24.2 billion in security assistance since the conflict began in February 2022.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/18/defense-contractors-rake-in-millions-as-u-s-seeks-to-supply-more-weapons-to-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The only people war is good for are politicians, arms manufacturers and suppliers.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 11:47:49 pm by GtHawk »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Millions?  Millions?  Really?  Totally clueless.

They are raking in  B   I   L   L   I   O   N   S!

T   E   N   S      of      B   I   L   L   I   O   N   S!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GTHawk flies over and drops one on us with:
"The only people war is good for are politicians, arms manufacturers and suppliers."

Once again...
Mr. Dylan had it right in the early 1960's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEmI_FT4YHU

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The only people war is good for are politicians, arms manufacturers and suppliers.
...and funeral homes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Millions?  Millions?  Really?  Totally clueless.

They are raking in  B   I   L   L   I   O   N   S!

T   E   N   S      of      B   I   L   L   I   O   N   S!
You left out the baksheesh, cumshaw, perks, intangible benefits, kickbacks, and bribes. That cuts down the profits, y'know!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@GtHawk

Ever try explaining that to people who were living in countries occupied by the Nazi's during WW-2?

Or Asians living in parts of China occupied by the Japanese Imperial Army?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If Ukraine wanted into NATO, they could have joined NATO.  They did not want any part of NATO any more than they wanted to remain as part of the Russian Federation.  So why is it on the shoulders of the USA to fund this war?

I say let Putin have Ukraine.  We are not accomplishing anything but driving this modern day Hitler clone to possible nuclear war.  Yeah, that is a huge f***ing difference!!!  You think he will not go nuclear?  Think again.  Back that rat into a corner, and he is capable of doing anything.  He has no respect for life, including his own people.  Need I remind you of the submarine Kursk, the muslim attack at the Beslan school in southern Russia, the attack by muslims at the Moscow theater?  Every instance resulted in huge numbers of dead Russians.  Putin did not care in the least.

We keep pressing this demagogue, he is fully capable of ending the world, and not thinking much about it.  And we have a man dead from the neck up as POTUS, that should give you great comfort knowing he is protecting YOU!!!  This right now is a formula for the end of the world.

Offline Stevensr123

If Ukraine wanted into NATO, they could have joined NATO.  They did not want any part of NATO any more than they wanted to remain as part of the Russian Federation.  So why is it on the shoulders of the USA to fund this war?

I say let Putin have Ukraine.  We are not accomplishing anything but driving this modern day Hitler clone to possible nuclear war.  Yeah, that is a huge f***ing difference!!!  You think he will not go nuclear?  Think again.  Back that rat into a corner, and he is capable of doing anything.  He has no respect for life, including his own people.  Need I remind you of the submarine Kursk, the muslim attack at the Beslan school in southern Russia, the attack by muslims at the Moscow theater?  Every instance resulted in huge numbers of dead Russians.  Putin did not care in the least.

We keep pressing this demagogue, he is fully capable of ending the world, and not thinking much about it.  And we have a man dead from the neck up as POTUS, that should give you great comfort knowing he is protecting YOU!!!  This right now is a formula for the end of the world.
im sorry but this is BS, they have wanted to join but the US have always rejected it.

Also let Putin have it? Jesus Christ. You are so weak in conviction. Probably would have let hitler take Europe as well I presume.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:21:16 am by Stevensr123 »

Offline EdinVA

Just goes to show, criminal coverups are expensive.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jafo2010

Uhhh,maybe because we benefit from a weakened neo-communist Russia even more than Ukraine,and it is ALWAYS mo betta to have someone else do all the fighting and dying?

I am truly astounded that anyone  in this day and age can be THAT freaking clueless.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
im sorry but this is BS, they have wanted to join but the US have always rejected it.

Also let Putin have it? Jesus Christ. You are so weak in conviction. Probably would have let hitler take Europe as well I presume.

@jafo2010   @Stevensr123

If you actually look at the numbers of murdered innocents,that alone makes Communism more of a murder machine than that of the Nazi's.

Here we have an independent nation fighting off,and destroying the power of the Neo-Soviets without ANY US troops being deployed to fight,and these clueless fools are bitching about it.

Not only does this save countless American lives,it will actually save billions of defense dollars in the long run if the Soviet Machine is destroyed. The whole freaking world will be a better and safer place,and our only worry then will be China,and they will attack us by not sending our consumer goods,including vehicle parts like transmissions to us.

Truth to tell,China is turning into an Uber Capitalistic state.

Which is even more dangerous to the survival of a free America than any communist state has ever been.

Yet nobody but me seems to be bitching about this.