Author Topic: Where Have You Been?  (Read 3382 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Where Have You Been?
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2023, 12:46:53 am »
IF I never get 100 miles from right here, I'd be fine with that.

But if I ever get my legs back, I would admire one more walk up the White River Trail to the Chinese Wall, up and over the hump and down into Wind River country and back again.

Not that I didn't appreciate it when I was up there last - But I would appreciate it 100 times more now, I guarantee.

Speaking of Wind River, How I would love to be bustin mavericks down out of the pines one last time... Hell, I'd even ride drag. I'd even ride the chuck wagon.

But that's all long gone I fear. And I don't sit a quad like I would an appy no how.

Always meant to ride the highline, Colorado to Alberta - That's one on the bucket list that won't happen no more.

Offline corbe

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2023, 02:00:06 am »
   I too smell the Locomotive Breath upon my neck, more often than not, these last few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ebwhu3nsM8
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2023, 12:39:48 am »
North to Toronto
Northeast to Oswego
East to Binghamton
Southeast to Smethport, PA
Southwest to Wilmore, KY and several stops in Ohio in-between.

I have never been one for much travel. It's difficult for me to sleep in a place that isn't my bed so it's not something I do for leisure, and I've never had a particular need to do it for work since nobody really hired me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2023, 12:59:10 am »
It's difficult for me to sleep in a place that isn't my bed so it's not something I do for leisure, and I've never had a particular need to do it for work since nobody really hired me.

I too prefer my own bed (and bathroom).
Funny thing... I cannot sleep in a motel/hotel or guest room for days. I may as well not try.

But I can throw a camp and hang a tarp just about anywhere and sleep like a baby.
Go figger.  :shrug: