Author Topic: IPCC Climate Models Grossly Exaggerate 'Global Warming'  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IPCC Climate Models Grossly Exaggerate 'Global Warming'
« on: January 18, 2023, 05:36:18 pm »
January 18, 2023
IPCC Climate Models Grossly Exaggerate 'Global Warming'
By Jerome Corsi

Several recently published studies have provided methodological objections to alarmist IPCC global climate models that predict catastrophic global warming will result from anthropogenic CO2 atmospheric concentrations from burning hydrocarbon fuels. These studies indicate that a more accurate reading of the earth’s surface temperatures suggests global climate warming over the next few decades will be moderate. The studies further indicate that more precise surface temperature readings would seriously dampen the hysterical mass media demand for radical public policies requiring radical decarbonization to achieve Net Zero Emissions (NZE) as quickly as possible.

In November 2022, meteorologist Roy Spencer, Ph.D., a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, published a ground-breaking study demonstrating that 36 climate models used to guide national policy may have exaggerated “global warming” over the last 50 years by as much as 50 percent. Specifically, Dr. Spencer utilized “a relatively new global dataset of urbanization changes over the previous 40-year period, 1975-2014, based on Landsat data to determine the average effect urbanization has had on surface temperatures.”

Spencer devised a methodology “to compute the magnitude of the Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect on temperatures using the example of summertime early morning 09 UTC (early morning) Integrated Surface Database (ISD) hourly data (mostly from airports) over the period 1973-2022.” (“UTC” stands for Universal Time Coordinated, formally known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).) His goal was to compare “urbanization differences to temperature differences from closely spaced weather stations.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/01/ipcc_climate_models_grossly_exaggerate_global_warming.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: IPCC Climate Models Grossly Exaggerate 'Global Warming'
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »
 ////00000////

How can you get people to give you money to fix the sky if you don't scream that the sky is falling?

The Communist tail is wagging the Global Climate Change dog.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright