Author Topic: Top Republican fumed at Kevin McCarthy after losing key chairmanship: 'You f***ed me'  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buchanan confronted McCarthy after losing chairmanship, said 'you f***ed me': Report
by Jack Birle, Breaking News Reporter |
January 18, 2023 08:21 AM

Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL) was reportedly angry after losing the chairmanship of the House Ways and Means Committee to Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO).

Buchanan reportedly confronted House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) when he found out he did not get the committee chairmanship and was so fierce in his remarks toward the speaker that McCarthy's security detail got involved, per a report from Puck News.

"You f***ed me, I know it was you, you whipped against me,” Buchanan allegedly told McCarthy.

McCarthy's staff denied security had to get involved in the tense exchange between the two, according to the outlet.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/buchanan-heated-over-losing-ways-and-means-chairmanship-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
he didn't even get a reach-a-round.  Poor feller.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Buchanan will be 72 in a few months.  Maybe he should be thinking about retirement instead of obsessing about his ego.  The people of St. Pete didn't send him to Congress to play political power games with fellow Club members.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wish they would all calm down and get the hell to work.  The clock is ticking.