Author Topic: Wrong, Media and COP-27, Africa Is Not De-Carbonizing, Oil Exploration Is Expanding  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wrong, Media and COP-27, Africa Is Not De-Carbonizing, Oil Exploration Is Expanding
By Linnea Lueken -January 17, 20230

The media and representatives at 2022’s U.N. Climate Change Conference (COP27) claimed that various nations of Africa, often suffering from extreme weather, are desperate for climate change initiatives like de-carbonizing by banning fossil fuel use, and so-called sustainable investing. This is not entirely true. Recent news about upcoming African oil exploration and drilling projects makes it clear that, despite the bluster at COP27, Africa is actively developing fossil fuels.

A recent RigZone article, “African Upstream Revival And 26 Drilling Campaigns Set For 2023,” discusses oil and gas projects currently under development in in oil-rich Nigeria, Chad, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and South Africa.

“[2023] will see an upstream revival in Africa and the launch of several multi-well drilling campaigns across the southern and western parts of the continent,” writes RigZone.

RigZone reports that there are at least 26 new drilling campaigns starting up in Africa this year, including:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/01/wrong-media-and-cop-27-africa-is-not-de-carbonizing-oil-exploration-is-expanding/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 01:57:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson