Author Topic: George Santos allegedly took thousands from fundraiser for veteran's service dog  (Read 300 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Santos allegedly took $3,000 from GoFundMe raising money for service dog’s surgery
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
January 18, 2023 07:47 AM

Rep. George Santos (R-NY) allegedly took $3,000 from an online fundraiser created to raise money for a disabled veteran’s dying service dog, according to reports.

Navy veteran Richard Osthoff was living inside an abandoned chicken coop alongside Route 9 in Howell, New Jersey, in May 2016 when he discovered that his service dog Sapphire had developed a tumor in her stomach, according to Patch. After taking Sapphire to the vet, Osthoff learned the surgery to remove the tumor would cost $3,000.

That’s when a veterinary technician told Osthoff there was someone who could help him get the treatment.

"'I know a guy who runs a pet charity who can help you,'" the technician said, Osthoff recounted to Patch.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/george-santos-allegedly-took-from-fundraiser-for-service-dog-surgery
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

This guy has 'Democrat' written all over him.  He's been paying attention to what Dems have been doing for decades.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He is the epitome of the perfect politician.  A roll model, I dare say.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Typical of persons who aspire to Government office these days.

Sure, Santos is a scumbag, but he's our scumbag.

Santos helping McCarthy is just one scumbag helping another.

I feel bad for the Veteran.  What Santos allegedly did was beyond cruel.  False hope is one of life's meanest cruelties - it destroys faith.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I didn't really care that much about his falsifying his campaign resume.

But stealing money from a sick dog?
Folks ain't so forgiving about that.