Author Topic: Nikki Haley on 2024: I Can Be the New Leader America Needs  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Nikki Haley on 2024: I Can Be the New Leader America Needs
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2023, 09:26:12 pm »
You're omitting the category of people who aren't fond of the Confederate flag but don't embrace transgenderism.

I'm in Ohio, and I can tell you that the Confederate flag is not popular here among most Republicans, while those same people are very much opposed to the cult of transgenderism.

When people have been subjected to as many LIES as they have about The War of Northern Aggression for as long as they have the LIES become truth to many of them, but FACTS will remain FACTS forever and ever. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2023, 09:37:52 pm »
I don't know why Haley chose to take down statues/flags. Was it something she had to do because of the state lege?
The removal of flags and statues and the attempt to erase history annoys the heck out of me. But it's not a new thing. The high school I went to...their football team was the Rebels. The presence of the Confederate flag was a gimme. I don't recall any of us even making the connection. It was just cool. The year after I graduated (1971) they were forced to change the name of the team and ditch the flag. It took them years to go back to a state championship, lol.

I also don't know her other political stances. If she runs, I'll look into it. I'm not generally a one issue voter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2023, 09:43:48 pm »
Like I said, I oppose the tearing down of those statues, and also the ridiculous name-changing frenzy.  It just always struck me as kind of odd that the flag of a defeated rebellion still gets flown.  I also get why an agency of the government - as opposed to private citizens - shouldn't fly that flag.

To me, that's a completely different issue from private citizens who choose to fly it to express their solidarity with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jack Daniels, and NASCAR.

Swing and a miss.

It is the flag that is the archetype.  Skynyrd, Jack Daniels, and NASCAR align THEMSELVES... to the architype, not the other way around.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2023, 09:47:08 pm »
Swing and a miss.

It is the flag that is the archetype.  Skynyrd, Jack Daniels, and NASCAR align THEMSELVES... to the architype, not the other way around.

Thanks @roamer_1 I was coming to that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2023, 10:21:55 pm »
You're omitting the category of people who aren't fond of the Confederate flag but don't embrace transgenderism.

I'm in Ohio, and I can tell you that the Confederate flag is not popular here among most Republicans, while those same people are very much opposed to the cult of transgenderism.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2023, 11:26:04 pm »

There are a few aspects of northern culture that I am not too fond of either., but would expect a little common ground when it comes to honoring one's ancestry and family history.  p.s. I married a Yankee  :cool:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 11:27:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2023, 11:26:06 pm »
No, no, Nikki, no!
Cuz you're a Rin, Rin, Rin, RINO...!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2023, 03:52:44 am »
There are a few aspects of northern culture that I am not too fond of either., but would expect a little common ground when it comes to honoring one's ancestry and family history.  p.s. I married a Yankee  :cool:

Again...I think you'd find a lot more sympathy for things like renaming schools and tearing down statues.  But in terms of the flag itself...you have to understand that a lot of people outside the South don't have the same association with it that you do.  We have statutes of generals/leaders that are under attack, and people wanting to rename schools that are named after people like Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln.  We get that you don't want your statutes torn down or your schools renamed either.  But we don't fly the confederate battle flag in our state buildings, so there just isn't any resonance.

If the duly elected governor of South Carolina orders that particular flag not be flown in state buildings, that just elicits just a big old shrug from most other Republicans in other regions, and isn't a disqualifier for Haley.