Author Topic: Never-opened $300 million-plus biofuels refinery facing foreclosure in southern Oregon  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Never-opened $300 million-plus biofuels refinery facing foreclosure in southern Oregon
Published: Jan. 07, 2023, 6:00 a.m.
Red Rock Biofuels
Red Rock Biofuels refinery in Lakeview is not yet operational and faces a foreclosure auction of its assets after defaulting on debt.

By Ted Sickinger| The Oregonian/OregonLive
A much-hyped but yet-to-be-completed aviation biofuels refinery in southern Oregon appears to be headed for foreclosure after backers failed to make principal and interest payments on some $300 million in debt.

Red Rock Biofuels launched efforts nearly a decade ago to build the cutting-edge facility in Lakeview but repeatedly ran into obstacles, even as project skeptics questioned its feasibility.

The project has now accrued an additional $56 million in interest owed to private investors who bought bonds to fund the project, according to a four-page notice of sale first published Dec. 21 in the Lake County Examiner newspaper. The notice said the property would be auctioned to the highest bidder on Feb. 9 if the project’s owner didn’t pay the entire amount due to date and cure any other default by five days before that date. It’s not clear how far behind backers are in making payments.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2023/01/never-opened-300-million-plus-biofuels-refinery-facing-foreclosure-in-southern-oregon.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

China will now be getting the tanks, columns, piping, instruments, DCS, etc. for an entire refinery at pennies on the yuan.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-