Author Topic: University To Host Faculty Trainings On Overcoming ‘White Fatigue,’ ‘Implicit Biases’  (Read 260 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
University To Host Faculty Trainings On Overcoming ‘White Fatigue,’ ‘Implicit Biases’
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 8.50.42 AM
(Screenshot/YouTube/Northern Illinois University)

ALEXA SCHWERHA
CONTRIBUTOR
January 17, 2023
10:01 AM ET

Northern Illinois University (NIU) will host a variety of voluntary faculty training sessions during the spring 2023 semester which emphasize diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and overcoming “white fatigue,” according to the university website.

Faculty Academy for Cultural Competence and Equity (FACCE) will explore topics including white fragility, white fatigue and white guilt, and will explore DEI and how to overcome “injustices” in the classroom, according to its website. Faculty can register for six two-hour sessions scheduled between January-April. (RELATED: ‘It’s A Fad’: Prestigious Business Schools Are Training Students In Woke Capitalism)

FACCE “offers professional development for faculty, instructors, staff, and graduate teaching assistants on a range of issues related to cultural competence and their connections to curriculum, pedagogy, and classroom engagement,” according to its website. It was designed by NIU faculty to address “community” needs.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/17/university-faculty-trainings-white-fatigue-implicit-bias-diversity-equity-inclusion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If I said something like I want a course in black athlete fatigue and black bias is sports, I'd be thrown in prison without a trial. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

What about overcoming Black Privilege fatigue?  What about overcoming Consequences of Toxic Black Culture fatigue?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What about black fatigue in the Hip-Hop entertainment industry?

Hip-Hop needs more Scandanavian representation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright