Author Topic: More insurance companies pull out of Louisiana: ‘We are in a crisis’  (Read 468 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More insurance companies pull out of Louisiana: ‘We are in a crisis’
By Rebekah Castor, Fox News   
January 17, 2023 4:33am

Thousands of folks in the south no longer have home insurance because companies are leaving the area after years of devastating storms. 

The state of Louisiana is at the center of this insurance dilemma. 

In the last two years, more than 20 companies have gone under or withdrawn from the state, forcing hundreds of thousands of families to pay higher premiums or go without coverage. 

“We are certainly in a crisis,” said Louisiana’s Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon. 

Donelon says the crisis started in 2020 when Hurricane Laura hit Lake Charles. Soon after, the state was hit by storms Delta and Zeta, and then another major hurricane, Ida, in 2021. 

“800,000 claims were filed after Laura and Ida, resulting in insurers paying $23 billion for insured loses,” Donelon said. 

But it’s not just severe weather in Louisiana jacking up prices. Donelon explains that record-breaking natural disasters across the globe are having an impact. 

more
https://nypost.com/2023/01/17/more-insurance-companies-pull-out-of-louisiana-we-are-in-a-crisis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Louisiana is two different States in one, both in weather and in culture.
Alexandria is the dividing line.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
"Louisiana is two different States in one, both in weather and in culture.
Alexandria is the dividing line."

Could you explain a little further...?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Privately insuring a state whose territory is sea level swamp is not actuarially sustainable.  Lousianna gets flooded by storms along the coast and by the Mississippi River inland.

Funds that are being mis-allocated for Nonsense such as bike lanes, rail trails, off-shore windfarms, and other Global Climate Change boondoggles would be better spent for climate resiliancy and adaptation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Privately insuring a state whose territory is sea level swamp is not actuarially sustainable.  Lousianna gets flooded by storms along the coast and by the Mississippi River inland.

Funds that are being mis-allocated for Nonsense such as bike lanes, rail trails, off-shore windfarms, and other Global Climate Change boondoggles would be better spent for climate resiliancy and adaptation.
Better flood controls and nutria population/damage control.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis