Author Topic: Too Wet? Too Dry? Just Blame It On Climate Change  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Too Wet? Too Dry? Just Blame It On Climate Change
« on: January 17, 2023, 01:01:28 pm »
WRITTEN BY BRIAN C. JOONDEPH, M.D. ON JAN 16, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Too Wet? Too Dry? Just Blame It On Climate Change

Climate change, as defined by the United Nations, “Refers to long-term shifts in temperatures and weather patterns. These shifts may be natural, such as through variations in the solar cycle.” That’s actually a good definition.

But not willing to leave well enough alone, the UN goes further, spoiling a simple and straightforward definition with, “But since the 1800s, human activities have been the main driver of climate change, primarily due to burning fossil fuels like coal, oil, and gas.” [emphasis, links added]

It is amazing that before humans burned fossil fuels two centuries ago, it was only natural cycles that changed the climate, not backyard barbecues, gas stoves, and SUVs.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/too-wet-too-dry-just-blame-it-on-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson