Author Topic: Why America Loses Every War It Starts  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why America Loses Every War It Starts
« on: January 17, 2023, 12:21:25 pm »
Why America Loses Every War It Starts
If the U.S. military was a sports team, it would land in the bottom divisions.
By Harlan Ullman • 11/15/17 6:00am

Most Americans rightly believe that the U.S. military is the best and most formidable in the world.  If that is correct, why, since the end of World War II, has the United States lost every war it started and failed every time it used force without just cause? Indeed, if the U.S. military was a sports team, it would land in the bottom divisions.

History makes this case. Fortunately, the United States prevailed in the Cold War and the threat of nuclear annihilation. George H.W. Bush was masterful in the first Gulf War in 1991 and managing the collapse of the Soviet Union. But his predecessors and successors were not as successful.

John F. Kennedy presided over the doomed Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961 and set in motion the Vietnam War. While many believe the Cuban Missile Crisis was a great victory, in fact, the Kennedy administration precipitated it with a massive defense buildup in 1961 that forced Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev to abandon his military reductions and place short-range nuclear missiles in Cuba to bypass American nuclear superiority.

https://observer.com/2017/11/why-america-loses-every-war-it-starts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson