Author Topic: SF's reparations committee proposes $5 million to each Black longtime resident  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Kamaji

San Fran's reparations committee proposes $5 million to each Black longtime resident, total debt forgiveness

San Francisco's reparations committee also proposes supplementing lower-income recipients’ income for 250 years

January 16, 2023
By Jessica Chasmar, Fox News

San Francisco’s reparations committee has proposed paying each Black longtime resident $5 million and granting total debt forgiveness due to the decades of "systematic repression" faced by the local Black community.

The San Francisco African American Reparations Advisory Committee, which advises the city on developing a plan for reparations for Black residents, released its draft report last month to address reparations – not for slavery, since California was not technically a slave state, but "to address the public policies explicitly created to subjugate Black people in San Francisco by upholding and expanding the intent and legacy of chattel slavery."

"While neither San Francisco, nor California, formally adopted the institution of chattel slavery, the tenets of segregation, white supremacy and systematic repression and exclusion of Black people were codified through legal and extralegal actions, social codes, and judicial enforcement," the draft states.

Source:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-frans-reparations-committee-proposes-5-million-each-longtime-black-resident-total-debt-forgiveness

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd love to own a Caddy dealership when this passes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This can't possibly be real.

The HAVE to know it just ain't gonna happen without federal money,and even though NOBODY body loves buying black votes more than the Dims,they are going to want to keep some of it for themselves and their families.

After all,does anyone expect people like Hunter Biden  or one of the Kennedy Klan to ever get a REAL job?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

I'd love to own a Caddy dealership when this passes.

:thumbsup:

And an exclusive distribution deal for Colt 45.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 17, 2023
SF Reparations Committee proposal demonstrates the greed and unreality behind demands for slavery reparations
By Thomas Lifson

I am grateful to San Francisco’s  official African American Reparations Advisory Committee for the damage it has done to the notion that the current populace of the United States, none of whom were alive during slavery, owe some kind of debt to African Americans. Its draft proposal recently released would elevate into the top 2% of wealth every African American resident of San Francisco who meets its criteria.

The notion that but for the “harms” it cites, including mortgage discrimination, the construction of public housing, and the “war on drugs,” every African American would be rocketed into the ranks of the wealthiest Americans is patently absurd. Add on the debt forgiveness it demands – the cancellation of mortgage, student and credit card debt – and the guarantee of at least area median income (currently $97,000 in the affluent Bay Area) regardless of any employment for two and half centuries, exposes it as a greedy fantasy of people who want unearned wealth.

On the upside, it doesn’t propose the massive looting of other people’s earned wealth to any African American who can move to the city. The criteria:

To qualify, people need to have identified as black on public records for at least 10 years and be at least 18 years old. They also must qualify for two of a number of requirements, including having been born in the city or migrated to it between 1940 and 1996 and then lived there for 13 years.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/01/sf_reparations_committee_proposal_demonstrates_the_greed_and_unreality_behind_demands_for_slavery_reparations_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Francisco Proposes $5M in Reparations for Every Black Person
Also $97,000 in welfare every year.
January 17, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield Leave a Comment

Finally, the infamous Confederate stronghold of San Francisco is going to atone for slavery.

San Francisco’s reparations committee has proposed paying each Black longtime resident $5 million and granting total debt forgiveness due to the decades of “systematic repression” faced by the local Black community.

The last time I visited San Francisco, I felt entitled to reparations due to the systematic lack of repression that has made the city such a hellhole.

But paying out $220 billion to make tens of thousands of people millionaires because of their skin color might be pushing it just a little bit for a city that can’t seem to provide basic services.

Plus $100K in welfare a year.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/san-francisco-proposes-5m-in-reparations-for-every-black-person/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since liberals, and science, now agree you can change your gender simply by saying you have, there is no reason the same can't be done with race.  So, I'm declaring I'm black and moving to San Fransicko where my family has been persecuted for 30 generations. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Mr. M and I have just returned from the public library, where we viewed the documentary film "Reckonings":
They met in secret to negotiate the unthinkable — compensation for the survivors of the largest mass genocide in history. Survivors were in urgent need of help, but how could reparations be determined for the unprecedented destruction and suffering of a people? Reckonings explores this untold true story set in the aftermath of the Holocaust.

Early in the film, someone notes that reparations are something paid by the government that perpetrated bad acts to the people they wronged - the victims who experienced damage and loss. In this case, it was post-war West Germany negotiating with Israel and a Jewish claims organization over payments to actual Holocaust survivors. The very term "reparations" means compensation or making amends. For there to be compensation, one must establish responsibility and an actual a loss. Further, throughout history, reparations have been demanded of the losing side, post-war.

I immediately thought of this idiotic California plan and all the other "blacks demand reparations" schemes. They have it upside down. They're not seeking reparations. First of all, they're not victims. Not a single black person living in America today was victimized by slavery perpetrated through official policy. They've suffered no damage nor loss, personally. You can't be "made whole" when you never suffered any loss in the first place.

They're not seeking reparations but extortion money.

Those of whom they demand money did them no harm - not the California taxpayer, not the American taxpayer. There was no war against black people, thus no winners or losers.

The harmful acts committed by Germany against Jews were official governmental policy of the Third Reich. Where is the evidence of such official governmental policy in San Francisco? These people allege "public policies explicitly created to subjugate Black people in San Francisco by upholding and expanding the intent and legacy of chattel slavery," but what are those policies, exactly? Where's the documentation that the SF government ever embarked on such a program of subjugation? What's the ordinance number, the statute citation? Where are the concentration camps, the plantations? And who among SF's current residents ever was confined or enslaved?

This is utter bullcrap which diminishes and discounts the actual suffering of persecuted groups throughout history.

If you get a chance to watch the film, I recommend it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Mr. M and I have just returned from the public library, where we viewed the documentary film "Reckonings":
Early in the film, someone notes that reparations are something paid by the government that perpetrated bad acts to the people they wronged - the victims who experienced damage and loss. In this case, it was post-war West Germany negotiating with Israel and a Jewish claims organization over payments to actual Holocaust survivors. The very term "reparations" means compensation or making amends. For there to be compensation, one must establish responsibility and an actual a loss. Further, throughout history, reparations have been demanded of the losing side, post-war.

I immediately thought of this idiotic California plan and all the other "blacks demand reparations" schemes. They have it upside down. They're not seeking reparations. First of all, they're not victims. Not a single black person living in America today was victimized by slavery perpetrated through official policy. They've suffered no damage nor loss, personally. You can't be "made whole" when you never suffered any loss in the first place.

They're not seeking reparations but extortion money.

Those of whom they demand money did them no harm - not the California taxpayer, not the American taxpayer. There was no war against black people, thus no winners or losers.

The harmful acts committed by Germany against Jews were official governmental policy of the Third Reich. Where is the evidence of such official governmental policy in San Francisco? These people allege "public policies explicitly created to subjugate Black people in San Francisco by upholding and expanding the intent and legacy of chattel slavery," but what are those policies, exactly? Where's the documentation that the SF government ever embarked on such a program of subjugation? What's the ordinance number, the statute citation? Where are the concentration camps, the plantations? And who among SF's current residents ever was confined or enslaved?

This is utter bullcrap which diminishes and discounts the actual suffering of persecuted groups throughout history.

If you get a chance to watch the film, I recommend it.

Well put.

Offline mountaineer

Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
·
14h
San Francisco’s reparations panel is now proposing $5 MILLION dollar payments to each person that meets their criteria. Remember, SF didn’t even engage in chattel slavery. The estimated cost is $50 BILLION. SF’s yearly budget is $14B!

Offline DB

All I can say is the people of California are going to pay for this lunacy one way or another.

The only solution is get out of California while you can, before they further suck you dry.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Since liberals, and science, now agree you can change your gender simply by saying you have, there is no reason the same can't be done with race.  So, I'm declaring I'm black and moving to San Fransicko where my family has been persecuted for 30 generations. :tongue2:
Then after you collect, you can declare a gender change and hit 'em up again!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I self-identify as an African-American descendent of slaves, and as a long-time San Francisco reisdent.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

////00000////

I self-identify as an African-American descendent of slaves, and as a long-time San Francisco reisdent.

Same!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Only $5 million?
Why, a fella could burn through that in a year or so.

Make it $10 million.
Now we're talkin'...!!

Offline mountaineer

Maybe these folks in Richmond, Va., will just move to SF to get what's owed them.

https://twitter.com/SteveInmanUIC/status/1616179067388329986