Author Topic: Merrick Garland Considers Race in Sentencing Recommendations  (Read 603 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Merrick Garland Considers Race in Sentencing Recommendations
« on: January 15, 2023, 02:20:57 am »
UncoverDC By Steve Friend -January 13, 2023

With recent revelations of President Biden’s potential mishandling of classified government documents, the media spotlight has returned to Attorney General Merrick Garland. While politicians, journalists, and blue check marks on Twitter endlessly debate the wisdom of his investigative decisions surrounding the scandal, I am compelled to highlight another Department of Justice matter deserving public examination.

On December 16th, 2022, Garland issued a memorandum to all federal prosecutors. The memo centered on charging, pleas, and sentencing in drug cases. It was not intended for public dissemination but was recently published with little attention or fanfare. I was alerted to the document by virtue of my expanding network of government whistleblower sympathizers and informants within the DOJ. Garland’s memo seeks to apply the DOJ’s latest interpretations “with particular force in drug cases” and opines how mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines produce “disproportionately severe sentences for certain defendants and perceived and actual racial disparities in the criminal justice system.”

As an experienced DOJ employee, allow me to interpret Garland’s government legalese. The Attorney General is directing DOJ prosecutors to skirt sentencing guidelines passed by both houses of the United States Congress and signed into law by an American president. Garland’s logic behind his guidance is simple. Call it woke, political correctness, intersectionality, or critical race theory. Irrespective of the label, the DOJ chieftain fully embraced radical racial ideology and concluded that the current ethnic demographic of federal prisoners serving time for past crimes should drive how prosecutors dole out sentence recommendations for future crimes.

More: https://www.uncoverdc.com/2023/01/13/merrick-garland-considers-race-in-sentencing-recommendations/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Merrick Garland Considers Race in Sentencing Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 06:20:25 am »
One of the best things Trump did was thumb his nose at this quack.

Garland is helping end the Democommies by following his leaders like a goose stepping Nazi!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 07:05:35 am »
Democrats  -  Opposing Equal Protection Since 1836.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 01:19:57 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 11:27:51 pm »
Might as well rip off the blindfold.
She don' need it no mo'...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 12:27:45 pm »
Democrats  -  Opposing Equal Protection Since 1836.
There's precious little of the Constitution the Democrats would care to preserve or defend.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 12:37:53 pm »
A Corvette can race.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 12:49:39 pm »
What a coincidence!  Democrats did the same thing in the days of slavery, too.  Look how well that turned out.  *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson