Author Topic: Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. rips gas stove fears as ‘loathing of modern society’: ‘If you really care about  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. rips gas stove fears as ‘loathing of modern society’: ‘If you really care about emissions & not politics, then focus on cooking with oils’ or using ‘candles & incense’

Professor Roger Pielke Jr.: "Cooking indoors = emissions. The type of stove matters to emissions rates If you really care about emissions and not politics, then focus on cooking with oils = emissions ~10x of gas stoves. Want to regulate something to reduce indoor emissions? Cooking oil! Olive, corn etc. And ~10x cooking oils? Candles and incense."

Image  Image

"So my current view is that the brief excitement about gas stoves is part of the cultural movement against fossil fuels & is not in fact about indoor air pollution. More generally, there is a phenomenon at work here I can’t quite articulate. Some combination of loathing of modern society, anti-humanity & quasi-religiosity. Fossil fuels make modern life possible. Yes, they have downsides," Pielke Jr. wrote.

WaPo claim: "Scientists say a growing body of research shows that gas stoves pose a threat to the planet.” Pielke Jr. mocks: "And here I always thought it’d be an asteroid or something."

By: Admin - Climate DepotJanuary 13, 2023 8:52 AM

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/01/13/dr-roger-pielke-jr-rips-gas-stove-fears-as-loathing-of-modern-society-if-you-really-care-about-emissions-not-politics-then-focus-on-cooking-with-oils-or-using-candles-incense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Sen. Marsha Blackburn
@MarshaBlackburn
A government that thinks it can control what stove you use is a government with too much power.
1:22 PM · Jan 13, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org